“Horrendous nightmare!”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 17 May 2024

Do you have any idea what travellers experienced in the 72 hours that we were detained at the Dubai airport on the 18th of April? We were treated like cattle (chasing us, locking us up in certain areas of the airport around gate B21 with disgusting bathrooms and toilets that went uncleaned for days) while using our gate to board passengers to Toronto while our flights to New York were delayed, indefinitely? We boarded the aircraft to New York on arrival (late arrival from Bangalore) and were deplaned after 3 hours after one of our pilots was absconding. The lies we were fed during the 72 hours of our stay at the airport (without so much as providing food or water. Yes, we were told that free food was available at MacDonalds and other outlets if we showed our boarding pass, absolute BS. WE HAD TO PAY FOR OUR FOOD AS THE SCANNERS COULDN'T READ THE BAR CODE ON OUR BOARDING PASSES- ABSOLUTE SCAM!!) When we were finally boarded after much drama and more lies by the airport staff, we landed in New York only to realise our bags were not loaded. The running around they made us do to ensure our "baggage travelled with us", before we finally got on to our flight was more lies. I left Bangalore to arrive in New York on the 18th of April. I finally landed in New York at 10:30 PM on the 19th missing my connecting flights from New York to Rochester, TWICE. Had to spend one night in JFK airport and paid the third time for my connecting flight to Rochester. A total of USD 1200 was wasted on my final flight home. The treatment of Indians at the Dubai airport was horrendous and I will never fly Emirates again.
Dear Prime Minister @narendramodi, please note Indians were the worst treated by the airport staff amongst all the travellers that were affected by this madness.
The baggage arrived at my residence in Rochester, New York after 2.5 weeks and my bags arrived damaged. I have filed multiple complaints on the Emirates websites with absolutely no status updates to date.
Food in the economy sucks. For the first time in 15 years of flying various airlines, I threw up on the aircraft. The landing sucked and lemon and other nausea-preventing items were hard to obtain during my flight.

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Jessy A

Reviewed 17 May 2024

I made the booing last night three times and made payment unfortunately it didn’t compete . After that booking was gone after few hours . I lost booking my time and booking other airlines also Now the fares are high which I don’t want . I received email that Emirates system problem then in that situation Emirates should keep the booking on his so that the passenger can retrieve and make the payment later . Who’s responsible for that

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 17 May 2024

I appreciate the great work and service by the flight attendant Laura de Miguel Hidalgo 493371.
I didn’t feel well during this flight but she was flight attendant and nurse!
And bilingual !!

She was very kind and make me feel better when she spoke in Spanish and taken care of me, with knowledge and confidence !!

Congratulations to all.
Great service, strong team and I am very grateful with Laura and Paula.

All was very clean and beautiful.
Silvia Rosales.

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank Silvia R
Reviewed 17 May 2024

Flying in first class on Emirates was for a long time a must thing to do in my life. Obviously it's not a cheap way to travel but fortunatly I ended up saving enough air miles to indulge myself on that flight. Check in at Athens airport went smooth. There's dedicated lines for premium passengers for check in and boarding, as well as to clear security and immigration. I had access to the Skyserv lounge just after the shops which was good and provided a few things to eat and drinks. There's showers to this lounge but there's an extra charge unless you have a specific status. I was selected for an random extra security check before boarding which I was aware with the SSSS on my boarding pass but it was a quick narcotics swap on my belongs and my tablet. Fortunalty it took less than 5 minutes where some places specially in the US can be a nightmare and very annoying and inconvinient. Boarding process was also fine. The aircraft was a Boeing 777 featuring the standard cabin suite. This aircraft type does not have showers on board and a few aircraft have a better suite depending on the destination. I was impress with my suite, with my spacious seat as well as the minibar with a push of a button. The colors and the materials used for the suite gave a luxurious, relaxing and joyful vibe for the entire flight. The cabin crew was professional, nice and effecient despite being a bit discrete. They were available any time if you wanted something. The service and the amenities on board were top noch. I was provide with an amenity kit which included expensive brand product given in a bag with nice pyjamas and slippers. I had to try that expensive caviar paired with champagne. The portion was big and I couldn't finish it but it was good but a bit too much for me. I was eating for 3-4 hours out of the 10 hour flight so much that I had a food coma. Despite the filet mignon was a bit overcooked the food was tasty and delicious. I couldn't take the desert but I asked to have it later after my nap on the comfy seat which turn into a cozy bed. The inflying entertaiment was very extensive with a big selection of content in different languages. What I enjoyed the most is to relax while lounging in the luxourious, comfortable and spacious seat while enjoying a nice scotch and see outside from the 3 windows. This cabin product is similar to the Qsuite of Qatar Airways which is as good as this suite. Perhaps this was my best travel experience. You can't go wrong with Emirates or any carriers of the golf flying in first class. If I have the chance I would not hesitate to fly on that airline again

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 17 May 2024

Mesmerizing plane, excellent service , luxurious travel taken to the next level. One of the best airlines in the world in terms of air and ground service. Constantly engaging and evolving to attain new heights of comfort, safety and overall service excellent. Try it once and U r hooked.

Date of travel: August 2023
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.