“Beware at gate while boarding connecting flight”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 4 April 2021

I am one of the victims of RUDE and fraudulently charged at the gate of connicting flight of Emirates by Emirates crew. Please note that I got charged in ORD Chicago, IL, USA where I was departing, for extra weight in one of the checked baggage and paid $50, which is okay. The thing is US Emirates Crew from US checked that measured the weight of my two carryons along with purse and laptop bag and said good to go. Now, the “Emirates crew from Dubai” was very RUDE and asked to pay saying that overweight on carryon. When I asked why is this? even this weight was approved by US Emirates Crew then he says himself supervisor Mr. Patrick acting as goon and stake holder of the airport security and Dubai Police warned me and said action will taken against me and made me to make pay extra money, please find the receipts attached!

The only reason I like Emirates as that was my First flight to US. I used like every part of Emirates but not anymore! For this trip I got $300 lesser offer from Airindia, I resfused and paid extra $460 for seats on top of $2830 around for same reason I like Emirates.

The Dubai Crew is RUDE at gate A 8 at EK524 deprture OCT 13th 2017 22:00 at Dubai airport (DXB). I saw that people are returning Duty Free goods as weight becomes more pricey comparable to price that those are available in India!

If you want to make money try setting up a boxes at every gate saying donate to Emirates!!! May be rich people can donate... we are middle class in economy people.

This is the first time in my life I witnessed weighing carryon at the gates of connecting flights. Coz people including me cannot throw stuff out as running late to the flight and scared that crew can make you miss the flight. This is unfortunate that you trying to earn money in Fraudulent manner. In future no more Emirates, it is sad that I am leaving the business with you.

Date of travel: May 2020
3  Thank 554kingj

Reviewed 1 April 2021

I used to like Emirates Airlines but during my last flight to Karachi, they ruined the reputation. Super congested seats and less leg room. Even the Cabin Reading Lights were swapped to different seat. It turned on the light on the light of the passenger next to me.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank zaidansari1
Reviewed 1 April 2021

So I had travel plans to travel in May 2021, I got fully refundable insured fares for me and my wife. Due uprise in Covid cases in India, i changed my plans now travel in October 2021, I made the changes on emirates web site it showed equivalent fares with only $10 payment for change but when I changed it, it sold me fares and reduced my and wife’s baggage allowance only one check in bag, I called multiple times to get this fixed but customer service refused to fix it to two bags to check in going in but it allows me to bring two check in bags per fares, total cheat and does not sound like emirates but that what their online system doing cheating without telling you, really frustrating, I have traveling with emirates since 2005.

1  Thank Pappuk15
Reviewed 31 March 2021

I heard from many friends who were being prevented from traveling to Khartoum and emirate flight has cancelled their tickets because of the COVID-19 test paper should be signed and sealed by the same laboratory that do the test and they don’t accept the signed and sealed from the clinic. There are no labs in USA that can signed the result and sealed for the passengers ,it is only the clinic which can do the sign and sealed. They are obstructing all the passengers and their staff are claiming that this is an order from ministry in Sudan , then why all the other flights accepted the corona test from my chart and even without any signe and sealed. I tried to call them many times to help me but their Indian customer service are so bad and rude and they hang up the phone on me. I just want to let Emirates airlines to know that there are no fake result in USA and what they are asking for are realistic. I don’t recommend any one to travel via Emirate Flight.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank BrendGomez
Reviewed 31 March 2021 via mobile

Took a flight from Dubai to Delhi last night. Trust me Emirates is simply cheating people by over charging at every step. Besides carrying a covid negative test report from approved lab, they still forced us another test and charged us Rs 3000. And that wasn't the end of their loot , they charged us Rs 2500 more for carrying our report soft copies. It's pure harssment for travelers at Dubai Airport as like hungry eagles they want to just Rob you. They very even not interested in giving us VAT Refund. Pathetic experience. Never travel to UAE again.

2  Thank abhishekn93
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.