“Lugguage Box Fully Labelled with Fragile/ This Way Up Signs Extremely Damaged”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 5 December 2020

Booked with Emirates on Friday 20th November 2020 from Glasgow to Bangkok. As I arrived in Bangkok to collect my 2 Lugguages, one a suitcase and another a fully sealed reinforced with duck tape all round the edges for extra strength and support box with visable signs of "Fragile" and "This Way Up" Signs and writing imprinted all round the box, with the addition of the content of the box written on the outside I came to find my box sitting on a trolley on its side with the box ripped on top, bottom and sides of the box! Please See Pics attached! I can only say the total disregard and respect of a passengers lugguage! I have flown with emirates in many occassions, in 10+ years and have always valued their service, but this was the first time I strongly felt they have let customers down! To add insult, after complaining to Emirates with the exact same photos I have posted on here, I was advised and reminded by a Mr Hafiz Imdadullah from customer affairs through email that fragile items should be robustly packed in accordance with their "Conditions of Carriage, which emirates are not liable for damage to or loss of fragile items with or without their knowledge. To which he directs me to article 8.3.3. He further adds insult by adding, "passengers must ensure that the checked baggage is sufficiently robust and well secured to withstand the usual and normal rigours of carriage by air without sustaining damage". And finally adds, "Nevertheless, we appreciate your concerns and I wish to assure you that your feedback has been of benefit to us". "We appreciate your patronage as a valued Emirates Skywards member and look forward to welcoming you on board our flights again" Now, if that is not the most patronizing response, then I don't know what is!

Date of travel: November 2020
2  Thank rtraveler1234567

Reviewed 3 December 2020

I was on the emirates flight to Birmingham from Dubai and I was wearing shorts on the flight because I came from a hot country I had a blanket over me because it was cold on the plane the air hostess took the blanket of me 20 minutes before landing I explained that my legs were cold please Could I use the blanket until we properly land she said NO then I looked around the plane and seen multiple people had their blankets wrapped around them I brought this issue up with the hostess she replied they can but I can’t because I was sitting near the window seat? Then I was cold for 20 minutes with shorts on as I was leaving I seen a lot of blankets left on the seats meaning no one took theirs off they used the blankets til the very end before they left then I realised I was the wrong ethnicity skin colour So there racial profiling and other issues present please if u are other than Caucasian then atleast u will be prepared to be treated like this it was so horrible to see other people warmly wrapped in their blankets til they got up from their seats and yet I explained to hostess I’m cold in shorts she said it was company policy I’m sorry but if the rule is for one is good enough for the other everyone had their blankets till the end land apart from me that is just totally racist please don’t come on this if your skin colour is different. I had a good time in Dubai but the flight back just ruined my whole holiday please do not use emirates

2  Thank Faz A
Reviewed 3 December 2020

I booked flight with Emirates due 2nd lockdown announcement I had cancel my flights but still haven't received my refund they said I have to wait until 3to6 months

Date of travel: November 2020
2  Thank tabibarlas
Reviewed 1 December 2020

I've recently had to cancel a flight due to Covid restrictions in Australia. I found Emirates staff very helpful and their services were prompt and exceptional. At a time when airlines industry has struggled, Emirates have been very supportive and continue to remain customer focussed. I'd definitely fly Emirates again and again. Thank you for your service!

1  Thank SushmaDaniels
Reviewed 1 December 2020

Our travel vouchers refund request is processed very quick. We are very surprised that the refund are made within a week!

Thank you for your excellent service.

1  Thank Dreamvagabond
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.