“Emirates checkin review”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 1 February 2020

Emirates representative Nabiha Batool was very friendly and ensured a smooth and comfortable check in process.

1  Thank ShivkumarL5

Reviewed 1 February 2020

We had a flight from Tehran to New Zealand in January 2020. Due to the Ukrainian flight crash, our flight was rescheduled twice by emirates airline, which means we had to have 20.5 hr of stop in Dubai! We called the airline office in Tehran to see our options of accommodation in Dubai. They said yes due to a stop longer than 13 hrs the airline must provide accommodation for you but they didn’t have access to the hotel booking system and asked us to address this issue in emirates airline counter in Dubai airport. We arrived in Dubai and asked about the hotel booking option. Surprisingly they said we cannot have any accommodation provided by airline, and it is not their problem! We had arguments about the airline policy and they were refusing to show us the policy and just giving us some wrong information that it is in their policy and they cannot provide accommodation. After 2 hrs of discussion and argument, they finally provided a twin room for three people!
We were really disappointed!!!
Also I had a surgery on my neck about two weeks before the flight which and had to ask the cabin crew to open the head locker for me. I asked one of the crews for the first time, he opened the head locker for me and said “don’t ask me again to do that for you, I’ve got back pain!”
OMG, I won’t fly with emirates airline anymore!

1  Thank 613maddiez
Reviewed 1 February 2020

I flew first part of journey with fly Dubai and unfortunately had a seat kicker behind me all the way from Myanmar to Dubai. Why airlines cannot put families with children in a section of the plane together i will never understand. i have had children so I understand how difficult it is to travel with them,
Arriving in Dubai I was exhausted but thank goodness for Emirates excellent service to Edinburgh. Lots of room to stretch out in economy, excellent food, drink and service.
Great in flight entertainment and actually even managed to get some uninterrupted sleep.
even baggage collection in Edinburgh was straight forward.
Most definitely going to fly with them again.

2  Thank annemills5k
Reviewed 1 February 2020

I have issued a complain 5 days ago and haven’t even received a response..

The disgraceful way your emirates representative treated my husband and i with is NOT ACCEPTABLE by all means.. i’m a frequent flyer through Emirates Airlines but this is my last time flying with you!!

We checked in on January 27th at Cairo Airport for our honeymoon flight to Bali, Our tickets are flex tickets, according to EMIRATES website this allows us 30 kg/ each bag (i was later aware that it allows each of us 2 bags each 23 kgs).
On our check in, one bag weighed 28 kg, and we were notified by your representative that this is above weight and flex does not guarantee higher weight even though the website clearly states so, which he commented on by saying we are not going to teach him his job that he has been doing for several years!!! He could have clarified this in a better manner.

Needless to say the check in person on duty was VERY rude and he even told us that it is about time we started learning how to pack our bags! EXCUSE ME??

He even had the guts to tell my husband you should not listen to your wife!!!!!!!!

Such discrimination from Emirates airlines is highly unacceptable and very unprofessional. I am a frequent flyer on Emirates airlines and for sure this is my last flight with you! We are even disappointed that our coming flight from Dubai to Bali is on Emirates airlines as well! Disappointed and disgraceful attitude from your hired personnel!!

I already filed a complain but received no response from your team. Which itself is very disappointing.

Emirates Airlines SHAME ON YOU! You should do a better job training your employees!

2  Thank Nesma1990
Reviewed 31 January 2020

12-hour flights are never a thrill, but Emirates fed me well and kept me entertained. The plane was clean (at the beginning, anyway) and the flight attendants were cheerful and helpful.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Susan B
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.