“Welcome to the rip off”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I flew Emirates because of their good reputation what a mistake that was. I booked an extra $130 for an upgraded extra legroom seat only to find that the same seats we're being given away to all comers on the flight. One person simply moved herself and took over two of these seats restricting my space. Another person took one so that he could get off the plane early. When I asked the staff if I would be entitled to a refund on the basis I have actually paid for my seat I was referred to their complaints process. After 5 months of writing to them I finally got an answer telling me I should have booked my seat (which I did) and telling me that the staff had explained the situation to me on the flight (which they had not). When I explained this to them they in effect called me a liar and ended the conversation. I have never received such poor after flight service from any airline,and would not fly with them again or recommend them to anyone. I suppose the lesson to be learnt is that on Emirates you don't have to pay extra you just simply upgrade yourself once you're on the plane. Goodwill is hard to acquire in the competitive airline business and Emirates have certainly list mine.

1  Thank helloAdelaide
Write a ReviewReviews (36,608)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

You can’t beat this airline ... airline service of old ... attentive ... polite and they make time for you ....
Please Emirates sort yourselves out on the ground ..

1  Thank Simon L
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have a great time fly with Emirates. A380 was amazing and is very comfortable. Good selection of complimentary drinks. I would fly with Emirates again in future.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

On long journeys my wife and I like to sprawl out a little and travel business. Business on the A380 is decent, but on the 777-300ER its brilliant.

The service we received was excellent. The stewardess was very attentive, and very helpful! She got my wife the colour bag she wanted, and when she didnt feel like the food menu dessert - was given a range hotel chocolat chocolates.

The seat itself looked smaller in comparison to the A380, but was equally comfortable. Reclined nice and flat, and the screen size was approx 12-13".

The food on the flight was fantastic and varied.

Excellent experience from Emirates!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My flight left Dubai at 2:30AM for New York JFK. The business class section in the A380-800 was superb. This is the new double-decker plane made by Airbus and it was my first time flying in one. It appeared that the entire upper floor of the plane was dedicated to business and first class passengers. Even in such a wide plane, there were only 4 seats across in a row - very spacious.

The service was good and the audio-visual entertainment was extensive, with a large screen for each passenger. As with some other business class sections, the windows could be covered automatically to assist in controlling the cabin environment and encouraging sleep.

As we approached the USA I was awakened after a sound sleep and fed a nice breakfast before disembarking and moving to the domestic portion of my trip back to Texas. This was a very good flight and I look forward to flying Emirates again when I get the chance.

Extra bonus - as a business class passenger, Emirates sent a car to pick me up at my hotel in Dubai for no extra charge.