“great service , great people”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 17 February 2018

7 hours to Dubai and then 14 hours on to Brisbane. We tried all sorts of different seats , all on the airbus A380 ; 1st flight - top floor economy with 2 seats next to each other. More comfortable but was really hot there and next to the galley. Not the best location
2nd + 3rd - row 77 ; generic middle row economy; as cold as you would expect
4th flight - row 80 ; emergency exit seat. lots of legroom but no room to put your stuff.
seats are ok and fine for economy. but after 14 hours any seat becomes uncomfortable.
best thing about it is the staff, super friendly and helpful. they make the flights as good as they can be. Emirates has fantastic cabin staff ! love them and they make all the difference. hope they get the praise they deserve !

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (41,553)

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

I recently posted a review here regarding a complaint I sent to Emirates about prepayment of seats for a trip made to Dubai. The appalling way they deal with complaints must be lower than the worst budget airline and customers who rate Emirates highly have clearly not had reason to contact their Customer Services. I’ve now read lots of the bad reviews on Trip Advisor ( and on the Emirates Facebook page) and almost without exception the common thread is Emirates refusal to take notice of passengers genuine complaints. The introduction of paying for seats in advance now with Emirates reduces them to the level of a budget airline and their refusal to refund when they either change the plane ( so those seats are not available) or don’t allow the passenger to sit there for other reasons is disgraceful. They are not signed up to the Alternative Disputes Resolution body operated by the CAA ( even the budget airlines are part of that) which is an independent arbitration body for passenger complaints. Emirates trade on their old standards, and the fact they operate more direct daily flights out of U.K. to Dubai than other airlines. Definitely an airline who’s standards have plummeted over the years!!!

3  Thank irenep942
Reviewed 17 February 2018

People write positive comments about Emirates, they claim that the lines offer 5-star service. My opinion is not so flattering.
First of all, the flight attendants during my flight seemed liked they were lost and they did not know what their duties were.
They were too young and inexperienced and in case of any emergency they would be the first to panic.
I did not have trust in them. The only advantage was that they looked nice. There were young women with all possible colors of the skin and with different colors of hair, each stewardess was slim and tall but that is not important for the safety and service.

When I use AA or Lufthansa the flight attendants know their roles, they have familiarity with the plane and procedures. They would be able to react in difficult situations. With Emirates I have no such feeling.

The meals.
A steward of Emirates asks me and my husband LAMB or CHICKEN, we say LAMB and there is no lamb so why he asks?
Then they serve drinks, we opt for simple tea and the stewardess is unable to find the cups.

1  Thank Abolicja-pl
Reviewed 17 February 2018

l love the seats near the window... and all the excitement of look out as we leave the Airport., Very comfortable long flight... food was good and presentable... Air Hostess were friendly and service good... even though there was a crying baby in front... we entertained and made her laugh... and l think the parents were grateful for that.. travelling with small babies must be hard... but in all enjoyed the trip...

Reviewed 17 February 2018

I was lucky to experience business class on the A380 to New Zealand. After arriving at the airport for a 5am check in , I was told the flight was delayed. (I did receive a text but my phone was on silent).
Not upset, Emirates lounge (Melbourne) here I come. I was the only person in the lounge for two hours so lots of photos, food and of course Moet. The staff were super friendly during my visit.
Finally came the time to board and after studying seat guru I selected 23A. As the cabin doors closed I realized I was the only passenger in the rear section. Mmmm my own private plane as the flight attendants informed me.
I had pancakes on this breakfast service. Upon completion I ventured to the rear of the plane to the on board lounge. More Moet with only one other passenger exploring this section of the plane. The staff were awesome all keen to make cocktails and enjoy the lack of passenger numbers.
The 3 hour plus flight was over way too soon.
Looking forward to my long haul business flight in October.
Enjoyed everything from check in to landing.