“Worst flight experience!”
Review of EGYPTAIR

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely horrible flight experience with EgyptAir. The cabin crew were extremely rude and obnoxious. The check in took extremely long and we boarded and took off 1 hour after schedule. The security staff were absolutely horrible and the way they treated myself and others was absolutely appalling shouting and screaming as if we were caged animals. I don’t think I will be flying with EgyptAir ever again and would advise others too definelty stay away from this airline if they wish to have a pleasant flight experience!.

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worst flight I have ever been on. Very slow check in. Man on desk checking in bags was rude. He had other staff members approaching his desk. He would have a 5 minute chat with them ignoring the ever growing queue in front of him. There was 3 of us travelling and he made no attempt to seat us all together. We ended up all sitting separately. We boarded behind schedule. Boarded the plane. No leg room at all. Cabin crew very rude. Think it was painful for them if they attempted a smile even!! No drinks were offered. Had to wait until food was handed out about and hour and half into flight before we could drink anything. Even then no choice of drink. We got what we were given!! Once food was served, we didn’t any cabin crew. One passenger dropped his tray of food and spilt in the aisle. I approached cabin crew to say that could he help the passenger to clear up the mess but he just shook his head!!! Unbelievable. Cabin crew were also smoking in the toilet. On two occasions I and other passengers could smell cigarette smoke. These cabin crew members should be sacked. Absolutely shocking. Couldn’t wait to get off that flight. Has a much more pleasant experience with the budget airlines. Will never fly Egypt Air again

• Value for money

E-Ticket num is 077-7023230325

Arrived the airport in Lagos over 3 hours prior to boarding. I was the first on the queue and looking forward to boarding my flight. The flight attendant at the counter requested for my documents which was presented to her and she started by questioning my Visa Status saying there’s no way Australia will grant me a 12 month visa and that Australia only grants 3 month visiting visa. I have severally travelled to Australia on a 12 Month Visa to be there for my grandchild and her mum who’s is a single mum and this time she’s really really sick and very depressed.

I explained to the lady that that’s the visa I was issued then she proceeded to ask for my return flight ticket which I presented to her and she stated that the flight ticket must be issued by issued air and no other airline and advised me to go to their Lagos office to buy the ticket and return. I was so confused as this has never happened to me before.

I called my sick daughter to notify her, she called Egypt Air to explain what was happening in Lagos, Nigeria. The attendant confirmed that that information was wrong after asking my daughter what the return date was going to be and his response was that they don’t have any flight for the proposed date at that time.

My daughter called to notify me and the flight attendant advised that I purchase a flight ticket for 2 or 3 months time so I could board as Egypt Air was going to issue a refund since I won’t be using the ticket and I responded that I won’t be buying such ticket because I already have a return ticket but with a different airline and tickets refunds are never refunded in full so why should I do such.

Egypt Air staff denied me the opportunity to board.

My daughter reached out to Egypt Air via their Facebook page and a supposed Egpyt Air staff reached out to her saying that he’s reviewed her complaint after all that has happened.

The staff contacted my daughter on WhatsApp and notified her that she’ll be getting a full refund and unfortunately ended up been scammed.

My daughter said she’s sent multiple emails to Egypt Air in regards to getting a full refund for the flight.

Flight was booked via Trip and out of $2300AUD she got a refund of $1566 and all they’ve been doing is blame me for the denial of my boarding right for a policy they couldn’t provide to back up the reason why I was denied boarding.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a horrendous experience with Egypt Air. The lack of respect for customers was palpable from the moment I stepped foot in their terminal. Their organization was non-existent, with no clear direction or signage. The staff were incredibly rude, displaying a complete lack of professionalism and courtesy. When our flight was delayed, there were no updates provided, leaving passengers in the dark. It was evident that the employees had a complete lack of caring attitude towards their work, making the entire experience miserable.
Not only did staff fail to provide timely updates about our delayed flight, but when passengers inquired about the delay, they were sent on a wild goose chase from one staff member to another, each providing contradictory information. It was a frustrating and disheartening experience, made worse by the fact that the delay stretched on for more than 16 hours!!. This level of incompetence and disregard for customers is simply unacceptable. It was very clear there were continues attempts to not provide any compensation for cancelation or delay. I'm officially taking legal action against the company not to seek compensation but for other people not to be treated this way. You've been warned.

• Value for money
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Worst airline ever. They cancelled our trip and make us wait from 9pm till 9 am to receive our luggage. No one talked to us and explained what to do. When we asked for refund or to send us to our destination, they asked us for more fees.
Stupid and rude staff
Not recommended at all

Date of travel: April 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.