“Avoid at all cost.”
Review of EGYPTAIR

E-Ticket num is 077-7023230325

Arrived the airport in Lagos over 3 hours prior to boarding. I was the first on the queue and looking forward to boarding my flight. The flight attendant at the counter requested for my documents which was presented to her and she started by questioning my Visa Status saying there’s no way Australia will grant me a 12 month visa and that Australia only grants 3 month visiting visa. I have severally travelled to Australia on a 12 Month Visa to be there for my grandchild and her mum who’s is a single mum and this time she’s really really sick and very depressed.

I explained to the lady that that’s the visa I was issued then she proceeded to ask for my return flight ticket which I presented to her and she stated that the flight ticket must be issued by issued air and no other airline and advised me to go to their Lagos office to buy the ticket and return. I was so confused as this has never happened to me before.

I called my sick daughter to notify her, she called Egypt Air to explain what was happening in Lagos, Nigeria. The attendant confirmed that that information was wrong after asking my daughter what the return date was going to be and his response was that they don’t have any flight for the proposed date at that time.

My daughter called to notify me and the flight attendant advised that I purchase a flight ticket for 2 or 3 months time so I could board as Egypt Air was going to issue a refund since I won’t be using the ticket and I responded that I won’t be buying such ticket because I already have a return ticket but with a different airline and tickets refunds are never refunded in full so why should I do such.

Egypt Air staff denied me the opportunity to board.

My daughter reached out to Egypt Air via their Facebook page and a supposed Egpyt Air staff reached out to her saying that he’s reviewed her complaint after all that has happened.

The staff contacted my daughter on WhatsApp and notified her that she’ll be getting a full refund and unfortunately ended up been scammed.

My daughter said she’s sent multiple emails to Egypt Air in regards to getting a full refund for the flight.

Flight was booked via Trip and out of $2300AUD she got a refund of $1566 and all they’ve been doing is blame me for the denial of my boarding right for a policy they couldn’t provide to back up the reason why I was denied boarding.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a horrendous experience with Egypt Air. The lack of respect for customers was palpable from the moment I stepped foot in their terminal. Their organization was non-existent, with no clear direction or signage. The staff were incredibly rude, displaying a complete lack of professionalism and courtesy. When our flight was delayed, there were no updates provided, leaving passengers in the dark. It was evident that the employees had a complete lack of caring attitude towards their work, making the entire experience miserable.
Not only did staff fail to provide timely updates about our delayed flight, but when passengers inquired about the delay, they were sent on a wild goose chase from one staff member to another, each providing contradictory information. It was a frustrating and disheartening experience, made worse by the fact that the delay stretched on for more than 16 hours!!. This level of incompetence and disregard for customers is simply unacceptable. It was very clear there were continues attempts to not provide any compensation for cancelation or delay. I'm officially taking legal action against the company not to seek compensation but for other people not to be treated this way. You've been warned.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worst airline ever. They cancelled our trip and make us wait from 9pm till 9 am to receive our luggage. No one talked to us and explained what to do. When we asked for refund or to send us to our destination, they asked us for more fees.
Stupid and rude staff
Not recommended at all

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

An airline to be avoided at all costs!
I was redeeming miles from Singapore Airlines for my travel to Egypt and had no choice but to redeem them on EgyptAir (as a Star Alliance member airline) to travel to Egypt. And that's what we did and regretted later on.
I was holding a confirmed onward ticket from Dubai to Cairo on Egypt Air and a return ticket from Cairo to Abu Dhabi on Etihad Airways and valid eVisas issued by the Egypt authorities for tourism purposes.
The check in staff insisted (including the Dubai airport station manager) that as per their "regulations" our return ticket is not recognised because it was not from EgyptAir and that they could not "verify" it in their system! So he asked us to purchase a return ticket on EgyptAir too!
Having travelled half the world on a dozen airlines and many times with different airlines for the return trip, this is the most outrageous and ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my travel life! I stood my ground and told them that in the worst case, I would rather cancel the onward ticket of EgyptAir and travel on Etihad Airways both ways, rather than travel EgyptAir both ways. They finally allowed us to board after about 20 minutes of arguments of what was supposed to be a smooth business class boarding experience turning it into a bitter experience even before the trip started! It's clear that it was a scamming attempt by EgyptAir to make us purchase return tickets and that somehow shows the level of desperation of the airline!
After reading some of the reviews, turns out that mine is not an isolated experience and because some people have indeed purchased return tickets on EgyptAir, looks like the airline has been boldened to continue their money-making efforts from unsuspecting passengers!
The rest of the flight is not material in my view - the seating comfort and the food is average, the cabin crew is pleasant and the overall experience of travel (in business class) is not bad (at least compared to the check-in experience) but of course not comparable to other Middle Eastern carriers like Etihad or Emirates, but for sure travel on this airline is best avoided altogether.
It's also a pity that a Star Alliance member airline has to resort to this which for sure reflects poorly on Star Alliance too!

Reviewed 13 April 2024

I had almost bad experience I chose to book in this airline two times a month and both times my luggage was not received they let me to go back again to the airport next day after I arrived to receive my luggage.. bad experience,
Not recommended at all.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.