“Warning incompetence ahead!”
Review of EGYPTAIR

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a horrendous experience with Egypt Air. The lack of respect for customers was palpable from the moment I stepped foot in their terminal. Their organization was non-existent, with no clear direction or signage. The staff were incredibly rude, displaying a complete lack of professionalism and courtesy. When our flight was delayed, there were no updates provided, leaving passengers in the dark. It was evident that the employees had a complete lack of caring attitude towards their work, making the entire experience miserable.
Not only did staff fail to provide timely updates about our delayed flight, but when passengers inquired about the delay, they were sent on a wild goose chase from one staff member to another, each providing contradictory information. It was a frustrating and disheartening experience, made worse by the fact that the delay stretched on for more than 16 hours!!. This level of incompetence and disregard for customers is simply unacceptable. It was very clear there were continues attempts to not provide any compensation for cancelation or delay. I'm officially taking legal action against the company not to seek compensation but for other people not to be treated this way. You've been warned.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worst airline ever. They cancelled our trip and make us wait from 9pm till 9 am to receive our luggage. No one talked to us and explained what to do. When we asked for refund or to send us to our destination, they asked us for more fees.
Stupid and rude staff
Not recommended at all

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

An airline to be avoided at all costs!
I was redeeming miles from Singapore Airlines for my travel to Egypt and had no choice but to redeem them on EgyptAir (as a Star Alliance member airline) to travel to Egypt. And that's what we did and regretted later on.
I was holding a confirmed onward ticket from Dubai to Cairo on Egypt Air and a return ticket from Cairo to Abu Dhabi on Etihad Airways and valid eVisas issued by the Egypt authorities for tourism purposes.
The check in staff insisted (including the Dubai airport station manager) that as per their "regulations" our return ticket is not recognised because it was not from EgyptAir and that they could not "verify" it in their system! So he asked us to purchase a return ticket on EgyptAir too!
Having travelled half the world on a dozen airlines and many times with different airlines for the return trip, this is the most outrageous and ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my travel life! I stood my ground and told them that in the worst case, I would rather cancel the onward ticket of EgyptAir and travel on Etihad Airways both ways, rather than travel EgyptAir both ways. They finally allowed us to board after about 20 minutes of arguments of what was supposed to be a smooth business class boarding experience turning it into a bitter experience even before the trip started! It's clear that it was a scamming attempt by EgyptAir to make us purchase return tickets and that somehow shows the level of desperation of the airline!
After reading some of the reviews, turns out that mine is not an isolated experience and because some people have indeed purchased return tickets on EgyptAir, looks like the airline has been boldened to continue their money-making efforts from unsuspecting passengers!
The rest of the flight is not material in my view - the seating comfort and the food is average, the cabin crew is pleasant and the overall experience of travel (in business class) is not bad (at least compared to the check-in experience) but of course not comparable to other Middle Eastern carriers like Etihad or Emirates, but for sure travel on this airline is best avoided altogether.
It's also a pity that a Star Alliance member airline has to resort to this which for sure reflects poorly on Star Alliance too!

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 13 April 2024

I had almost bad experience I chose to book in this airline two times a month and both times my luggage was not received they let me to go back again to the airport next day after I arrived to receive my luggage.. bad experience,
Not recommended at all.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 12 April 2024

Worst experience ever rude people unprofessional
Iam writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction and distress regarding a recent incident that occurred during my travel with EgyptAir. I had a flight from Madrid to Abu Dhabi with a layover in Egypt.

During my transit in Egypt, an employee named Mohamed Hisham Samir subjected me and my pregnant wife to a highly distressing and unacceptable ordeal. Mr. Samir demanded money from me in exchange for allowing me to board my connecting flight. When I refused, he threatened to prevent me from boarding the flight altogether.

Despite having passed through Madrid with no issues regarding my baggage if i have issue they could stop me in my residence country madrid so i could do something this is prove i didn’t exceed my wight , Mr. Samir insisted that I pay $130 before allowing me to proceed. He even went as far as to demand that I return to the check-in counter before passport control, which was impossible given the circumstances of my transit.

Throughout this ordeal, Mr. Samir displayed a reprehensible attitude, shouting and behaving aggressively towards me and my pregnant wife, who was left in tears due to his appalling conduct. Despite my attempts to reason with him and explain the illogical nature of his demands, he remained obstinate and refused to cooperate.

Eventually, a finance representative intervened moments before my flight departure, coercing me into making payment via card without providing a receipt. Furthermore, Mr. Samir demanded sensitive personal information, such as my card details, adding to the already distressing nature of the situation.

This entire experience was not only traumatic but also potentially harmful to the health and well-being of my pregnant wife and unborn child. It is utterly unacceptable for EgyptAir employees to engage in such behavior, especially towards passengers who have done nothing to warrant such treatment.

1  Thank pola n
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.