“Never use this airline!”
Review of EGYPTAIR

Reviewed 10 April 2024

I was told by the airline that I couldn't board my flight to London without purchasing a return ticket with them. This requirement was completely surprising; there had been no prior mention of such a policy online, nor had I been informed when I booked my flight a week earlier. I got my boarding pass via email, and there is no mention of this anywhere.

Caught off guard, I had no option but to comply with their demand. I paid the sum of 789,100 Naira for a new return ticket, despite already having one booked with a different airline. This unexpected expense and the way it was enforced set a disheartening tone for the rest of my trip.

Things didn't get any better during my 12-hour layover in Cairo. I was informed that Egypt Air would provide accommodation for passengers with long layovers. However, I noticed a pattern: white passengers seemed to be attended to first, followed by black passengers. I was one of the last to submit my details, after over three hours of waiting.

Other passengers were taken to hotels outside the airport, however, the accommodation Egypt Air arranged for me was in a Star Alliance hostel within the airport. This hostel was arguably the dirtiest and most uncomfortable place I had ever been asked to stay in. There was also no internet connection available. The state of the room was so unacceptable that I thanked the terminal staff but chose to leave immediately, opting instead for the terminal chairs. These chairs, though uncomfortable and eventually bruising my hands, seemed a better choice than the hostel room.

About an hour later, a hostel receptionist offered me a cleaner room, his extra SIM card, tea, and a phone charger. Initially, this appeared as a kind gesture, but it quickly turned inappropriate when he began kissing my hand and requesting a hug which I refused. He handed me 5 Egyptian pounds as a 'souvenir' and asked for one in return, an interaction that felt like a thinly veiled scam. I responded by giving him 200 Naira, because at least this was the only person that seemed to acknowledge that I was a human being during my time in Egypt.

The dinner served by the airline was evidently subpar, having been left at room temperature for hours with obvious signs that it had began to decay. The rice looked moist and sticky, for example. After reaching out to my family using his SIM card, I decided to return to the airport terminal, choosing to wait at the departure gate.

If this airline is the only option you have, then you do not have any options.

Date of travel: January 2024
2  Thank jany e

Reviewed 9 April 2024

I flew with Egyptair twice while on my trip to Egypt, once from Cairo to Luxor and then from Aswan to Cairo. Both flights were on time, the staff was nice, even served us food on one of the flights. I would recommend and fly with them again. I did not feel that plane was in a bad technical state as other reviewers say.

Date of travel: November 2023
Reviewed 8 April 2024

Worst airline and will be your advocate to anyone as travel alot to spread how baddd this airline is. Hostess were very rude my son (autistic) was in toilet for nearly 2 minutes and couldn't work out the door and was telling hostess amd if she cud slap me for wasting her time she cud. After a long time she came and son managed to open the door, very worrying. Lack of autism awareness is a shame this applies to all staff even ground staff yet we r in 2024 not 1900. Only one option food no apologies. Plane seemed like it was going to fall apart, asked for a blanket and was not given my assistance light remained on for the entire journey as needed help and no hostess came to find out out. For the price will never travel with them even if they offered a free flight never

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 4 April 2024

Wow I'm surprised the plane did not fall apart.
The plane from both Athens to Cairo and Cairo to Amman were sooo old and falling apart. The seats and tray tables were broken. We were a bit apprehensive on the flight. Food provided was some very odd looking pasta salad and a few pieces of cold meats.
No inflight entertainment at all.
Flight numbers: MS748, MS701

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Kate P
Reviewed 4 April 2024

Took a flight to Luxor but had to get a connection from Cairo to Luxor. The Cairo airport was badly organised, badly signposted. But the biggest issue was the plane took off from Heathrow 30 mins late because the crew only let people on 20 mins before formal take off. Egypt air were meant to transfer luggage for luxor flight. They did not. Same thing again happened on the way back to London. They did put bags on for the transfer. Really bad service and no one seemed to have no interest in helping.

Date of travel: April 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.