“flights to Egypt”
Review of easyJet

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

good value of money, friendly staff and great seating plan, I really recommend easyjet for all the family and save a lot of money

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank mynilecruise
Write a ReviewReviews (41,100)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our experience with this airline has gone from bad to worse - from poor service to being wrongfully denied compensation!

Our last experience was on flight EZS1374 from Bordeaux to Geneva. After our flight was delayed due to bad weather, we finally board on the plane. Shortly after boarding, the flight attendant announces that we may be rerouted to Lyon, which is 150km away from the final destination. Considering that our flight was meant to be just 1-hour long and the fact that we've already been waiting for 1 hour and a half with our babies, this isn't good news.

At this stage, we don't really have a choice since we are already seated on the plane and no alternative is given to us. The flight attendant confirms that we are being rerouted and that a shuttle bus would be organised to take us from Lyon to Geneva.

Upon landing in Lyon, the flight attendant makes a new announcement to all passengers: we won't be able to take that shuttle to Geneva because passengers from a previous flight take priority over us. We'll have to wait for the next one which is scheduled to arrive after 2:30 am, possibly later! She mentions that we may take a taxi instead and requests that we keep our receipts in order to later be reimbursed by the airline.

At this stage, it is past midnight and our kids are beyond exhausted. So the thought of waiting another 2 hours (possibly longer) is just too painful. We decide to take a taxi, which we can't share with other passengers since there are already 4 of us with 2 large suitcases. We finally arrive to our destination past 3:30am, with a bill of €400 to pay... painful.

Days later, we follow the instructions to be reimbursed -- filling out an online form, then, being asked via email to fill out another one, etc. We end up getting a response relatively quickly, saying that we cannot be reimbursed. Not joking.

The initial reason we are given (via email) is that we could have taken another flight. This option was never shared with us at any point and we only found out that our flight was being rerouted after boarding -- it was too late to change our plans then!

The new reason being given is: "extraordinary circumstances"...
Ok - bad weather caused the delays and ultimately flight cancellation, but why wait until the very last minute to tell passengers? Why tell them a shuttle bus will be waiting for them upon arrival when it won't? and most importantly, why tell them they can take a taxi and the costs will be reimbursed by easyJet when the airline won't give them a penny back?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me! easyJet’s cheaper flights often win over the airline’s poor service and mistreatment of customers, but this is too serious and plain dishonest. Bye bye easyJet!

Date of travel: December 2018
1  Thank R2724MVcarolinef
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Initially myself and 2 friends made a booking and flew out to Amsterdam.

We got a call on Wednesday morning, two days into our trip that she had to come home, her brother had stopped breathing and only had a few hours to live so she needed an emergency flight home.

I called Easyjet as soon as I could and spoke to a very rude gentlemen who had mentioned that the next flight was in like 2 hours and it would cost over £200.
desperate to get her home as you can imagine! Her brother is dying so she said yes I’ll pay it he took the card details and payment & assured me he would send me an email confirmation with all details which I never received, that was the first thing to go wrong.

She left for the airport in a hurry and very distraught that her brother was dying, she arrived at the airport and spoke to the airline, to her surprise and shocked as ever they could not find the amendment we had just made and paid for in full, they said no flight had been changed!!!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!
they looked into it further to find that the agent from Easyjet had booked it on the wrong day, everything after this has been complete chaos and she is grieving because her brother did not make it.
Easyjet have been unprofessional X100,000000000000000000000 and keep going round and round in circles with us.

ITS EASYJETS fault all these errors were made& still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She had to pay over £500 to return home because of EASYJETS error and still no refund.

She cannot stop crying!!

I will never fly with them again... ever ....

Please people do not use this sorry excuse of an airline, you will be extremely sorry.

Date of travel: January 2019
1  Thank Letitia M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I always fly with easyJet because I know what the expect. The flights are cheap because the service is average. The flight to Geneva arrived 20 minutes late which isn't the latest easyJet have been (2 and a half hours being their worst for me), but nevertheless it arrived. The flight was fine and I got to and from Geneva safely. As a solo hosteller, I think they're ideal. EasyJet are functional, they get you from A to B. If you want the luxury side of things, they're not the company to go for, but for a flight to and from Geneva for £45, I can't whinge too much.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew Luton to Basel one way, no issues with check in or boarding, the flight was on time and it was affordable (family of 4). Pretty much delivered what we wanted so a good flight experience.

Date of travel: December 2018