“Shuttle no longer what it was ”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

He shuttle has become truly awful - I used to take it weekly back in the late 90s and early 2000s and it’s now considerably worse - what was a one hour in and out flight is now a 1 1/2 hour ordeal - they no longer open the front and back to speed deplaning. They also no longer use the dedicated check in and it’s truly abysmal. They also nickel and dime you and no longer provide newspapers and magazines - do not recommend this - I’ll try Amtrak though I have my hesitations there - amazing how bad travel has become.

1  Thank A-N2222222
Write a ReviewReviews (34,801)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

No matter what time of the day I try to fly to the east coast, specifically the New York corridor, I'm always delayed. This time on the outbound flight, it was two hours because of supposed snow on the ground in Newark. Problem was the snow missed the airport or had fallen 10 hours earlier an already melted. Delta delayed the flight for 50 minutes less than 20 minutes from original departure time and then an hour later delayed it again for an hour. After casually talking to the pilot, who was in in the same predicament we all were in, he finally said the real issue wasn't the weather, but an air traffic control delay since there were so many flights heading to the East Coast. Would have been more understanding if Delta actually told us that instead of some made story about weather. Good thing was, the pilot got us to Newark in 49 minutes once we actually took off.

Made fro a frustrating experience again with Delta on this route.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Living in the Detroit area, I usually fly Delta or its code share partners. My most recent flight was from Detroit to Phoenix in a full plane on a holiday weekend. The flight took off on time, landed early and all of our luggage arrived in good condition. This has been my typical experience with Delta.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

It was touch and go if we would get out of NYC due to a late March snowstorm, but we made it - it was a huge relief because we were on a tight schedule with some money at stake. The plane was new, the seat panel TVs worked very well (with my own headphones). The return trip was equally pleasant.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 6 April 2018

As a skymile member, (silver medallion), I have truly enjoyed this loyalty program. The seats on Delta's flights are generally more commodious than other airlines. And they offer snacks and snacks for free even for basic economic passengers. I was lucky enough to get upgraded to delta comfort +, plenty of leg room, priority boarding, and fresh fruit on board.