“quick”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed 21 February 2018

The flight was quick and efficient and the Flight Attendants were great. The only thing that was a little disappointing was this appeared to be an older plane and therefore was no entertainment whatsoever. Still an enjoyable flight and would choose them over anyone else at this time.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (33,523)

Reviewed 21 February 2018

One expects more in Business Class when one pays 3 times or more than for economy. Well what did we get? My wife, an avid movie watcher had no sound after 4 changed headsets inspired one of the less indifferent flight attendants to actually listen to the result of changing the head phones. Offered another seat several rows apart. 1-2-1 configuration and we were seated together since seat selection was confirmed 6 months ago. OK so she didn't accept the offer. My seat-I couldn't open the tray table cover. Boy did I feel like a wimp when the 110 pound flight attendant slammed her finger on the switch. When I realized the amount of force necessary, I could do it as well every 2nd try. Now I don't watch movies and keep the flight tracker on. In this instance it indicated a 7 hour time difference between our origin in RIO (GIG) and our destination in ATLANTA (ATL) I mentioned this to a flight attendant expecting at least a smile, but was blown off in a manner that suggested that she thought I had nerve even mentioning it. The time difference is actually three hours (earlier). The mystery continued and I was perplexed as the route map and time left were correct. Eureka! The destination on the screen was not ATL but ATT, a remote airport in extreme NW Alaska, that did have a 7 hour time difference. Comfort, the seat did go 180 degrees flat, but only the full recline and full upright buttons worked though the intermediate ones illuminated but did not work. And the rumbling noises from the seat motors suggested that once supine if it happened, the seat might not arise again. But it did. The food not very good even by airline standards, and this was Business. We have travelled Delta business class to Amsterdam and London from Minneapolis and thought the food above average. This food was not. The wine selections were good though. I guess when you fly a 767/400ER possibly put in service 18 years ago, and reconfigured with first generation business class lay flat seats 9 years ago, wear and tear takes its toll. But even though Delta will probably do a complete rehab this year on many of these aging aircraft, or better yet scrap them, they should at least maintain them. The good news, on time, easy Atlanta connection (even though the half of the Global entry Kiosks were not working). Prompt reclaim of luggage in undamaged condition, and the MD90 equally ancient, out of Atlanta, looked and felt new.

1  Thank Arthur H
Reviewed 21 February 2018

I travel quite a bit, both business and pleasure. Delta is almost always my first choice. I quit traveling American many years ago, too many mis connects, delays and they always lost my luggage. I have had good luck with delta. Friendly staff almost always and are usually on time, or they make up the time in the air. I do fly with extra leg room when I can and have flown 1st class a few times which the attendants are always wonderful and accommodating. Seats have plenty of room. I always say if you travel a lot your prolly going to have some kind of problems but delta seems to take care of me better than most.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

In this day and age we hear a lot a alarming stories about terrible flights with rude flight attendants and late or cancelled flights.
My trip from SEA to MCO (DL #2639 on 2/7/18) was event free. The flight was on time, no issues, the New York flight crew were very friendly and did an outstanding job of providing service. My seat was 1D and I had an excellent view of MT. Rainier and MT Hood as we departed Seattle.
Before boarding there was a handicapped young child going to Disney World as a part of Make a Wish and the Delta gate agents introduced the young child as he was naturally allowed to preboard. I don’t think there was a dry eye in the house. I applaud Delta for recognizing the child and the family.
Flight time was about 4:40 due to a good tailwind. In flight entertainment was excellent with loads to choose from. I chose to fly in/out of Orlando as Delta offers a nonstop flight to Seattle from Orlando.
Baggage was prompt with no issues.
Thanks Delta for a wonderful trip.

1  Thank Ugagawg
Reviewed 21 February 2018

The airport in NY is very easy to access for Delta's Terminal, and the flight was easy and uneventful. They had an issue with the Go inflight in and that was the only issue.
I travel with Delta a lot, I find them very professional and experienced.