“Flown Delta many times, but never realized how great it was until we had a baby.”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As I've stated in the title, I've flown Delta before and never thought it was amazing, but I guess I took them for granted. Now that I have a son, I feel and see how great Delta is. In the 4 flights that we took with Delta in the last 3 months, they always tried to help me, my wife, and my son, as much as they could! The first time we flew, was to Amsterdam and they blocked off row 21 C-E so that our lap infant could use his car seat. There was a mistake though, as there wasn't a row 21, on that particular that plane. The attendants then took us to Comfort Plus and seated us there. We didn't have the whole row, but at least we had more space. The food was decent for airline food and the flights were on time. In all of our other trips, my son, luckily, was able to bring his car seat with him.

Also, Delta now serves food in domestic cross country flights. From West Coast to East Coast and vice versa, Delta serves breakfast, lunch, or dinner, depending on the time of flight.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (23,051)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

BEWARE - if you pay for Delta Comfort and they do a schedule change to a plane without Delta Comfort seats they will move you to regular non-comfort seats and keep your premium seat fees without telling you. Our family booked flights through KLM and Delta in March 2017 for an upcoming trip on New Year's Eve to start a once in a lifetime cruise from Abu Dhabi to India. We partly chose these flights because we were able to purchase Delta Comfort + seats with their extra legroom for two out of four of the major legs of the trip. We paid $109 per seat per leg to upgrade to Delta Comfort (6 passengers x 2 upgraded legs x $109 for a total of $1,308 of upgrade charges). We were recently surprised to find out that Delta had moved us over to a code share on an Air France flight for our outbound leg from Chicago to Paris, seemingly because Delta wasn't able to fill their own plane that we were originally booked on. We were assigned regular economy seats because they said that Air France does not have anything like Comfort Plus. That was disappointing enough, but what was worse is that we were not refunded our money for the Comfort Plus seats that we had purchased. When we called, a Delta supervisor said they have no obligation to refund our fees. After two hours on the phone they reluctantly agreed. Maybe airlines are special, but in most areas of business marketing a better service and then delivering something of less value, while taking money for the service you don't provide is called "a bait and switch" or in other places just plain fraud.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This past year I have done this flight (and the return flight) approximately ten times for work. Although long, you get a free meal and free entertainment. The food is good and the seats are comfortable. My last trip was November 3rd...returning on November 14th.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very poor experience

Despite the flight was on time at departure and arrival, can't say it was an enjoyable trip
Very small and uncomfortable seats
Extremely dirty plane, I wonder if they actually clean it at least daily
Also in poor maintenance and repair... with a stuff broken or mangled
No food service of any consequence
Totally disappointing experience

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Terrible terrible airline! We booked seats hand picked six months before our flight in order to sit next to friends with severe anxiety of flying and just found out accidentally (by going on line to check to see how full the plane was) that our seats had been moved. No email, phone call, etc. given... no notice at all. First reason they gave- "There was a glitch in the system when you booked." Second person said- "The aircraft had changed." Outright lie, it is still airbus 330. Third person said- "There was a change in the time of the flight by four minutes, which changed the seating." Blatant lies. Then they claim- "We can't move you back to your origional seats, because we can't just move people." Well, you moved our friends as well as us, didn't you!? Empty apology given and we replied with "We will NEVER EVER EVER FLY DELTA again." They are shifty, and dishonest. What else will they be dishonest about. Can't trust them. We have never had our seats moved, ever in the 20+years we've been flying... and without even the decency of some kind of notice to boot! Beware! What you book and pay for is not guaranteed with Delta, empty apology and no compensation to right the wrong is what you'll get instead! I would give it ZERO stars if I had the option to!