“top assitance on board”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed 26 September 2017

the flight was very quiet, professional on-board assistance and good cleanliness of the bathrooms. the food in sufficient quantity and average quality

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (25,759)

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I've officially now given up on Delta First, Business First or Delta One, whatever they decide to call their No Class cabin nowadays.
A) the Delta International lounge is dismal, dirty and full of apathetic staff, at least in my 3 last visits there
B) flying overnight recently in row 1, from ATL to Rio, the flight attendants kept my wife and I awake the entire flight while they had a good and noisy time in the galley. Returning from Buenos Aires to ATL 10 days later, exactly the same story
C) flying yesterday from YUL to ATL, no airport lounge, although Delta states you can use the Air France lounge, its in another terminal and one can't get there.
D) while sitting in row 1, we were constantly bombarded by coach travelers coming to use the front (first class) lavatory. When I asked an attendant why they don't close the cabin curtain or otherwise attempt to curtail coach passengers using this lavatory, I was told that it used to be a policy to announce that the lavatory was only for first class passengers, the people would come up front anyway, so Delta has discontinued making the announcement.
I don't see any reason to pay for an advertised better class of service. Thank goodness we have other airline choices
E) next month we will try Jet Blue's Mint business class cross country and see how they are.
F) to add insult to injury, Delta has a full page ad in their inflight magazine asking us to support their fight against Emirates and others because they supposedly have government financial support giving them better pricing to which Delta can't compete. Well I'll tell you, we recently took 4 Emirates First flights from MCO to JNB and stopping over in DUX and the service difference between Emirates and Delta can not be described because it would take way to long to list all of Emirates' outstanding advantages. They are Worlds apart and Delta doesn't stand a chance, especially with their flight attendant work ethic.

I feel sorry and embarrassed for poor Delta, they just don't seem to care and yet want we, their clients to write to our elected officials to try to fight against much superior airlines. Why would we, we love to fly Emirates and Singapore Airlines, they know how to do First class!

1  Thank danielN164EN
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Delta does a great job of accommodating you and helping you with your carry-on bags. Good experience. Love the newer planes with movie viewing. Makes a long trip bearable.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Delta is a great airlines. But it always seem when i take flights from FLL to JFK we are always early which is great but we are always waiting for the tarp people to place us. We had to stay in plane for a half and hour for no reason due to not communicating while were in the air. If they know we are landing early then be ready to have us get off efficient and safely. Not have us wait. People got very frustrated and it just was a big mess. Please update this. Its great to get to another place earlier then scheduled. It 2017 we should be having this issue disappear.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

This flight was a connection and was delayed out of Atlanta due to weather. The best part was the Pilot informed ALL passengers before boarding there could be a delay due to weather and she kept everyone informed when boarding and when waiting on the taxiways for approval to take off. Since then though much to be desired! Delta informed my travel agent that I had to agree to them changing my flight number on my ticket, which was purchased in November 2016, for my final flight or they would class it as a voluntary change if I disagreed and would charge a $USD400 change fee, plus fare difference and additional taxes! Talk about stand over tactics. Never heard of an airline behaving this way before and I even used to work in the industry! Very disappointed with Delta as they have made the itinerary a mess with so many reschedules and re-routings and now they want to change the flight number, meaning another reissue of tickets - about 8 reissues so far! Have lost count! They could have changed the flight number without the threats and stand over tactics! I'll have my preferred airline in future and not their partner airline!