“Comfort Plus”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Overnight flight to London on a 767-300. Seat had amazing legroom, I am over 6 ft. And couldn't touch the seat in front of me, we had exit row seating next to bathroom. Meal service was good, hot mains of stuffed chicken breast and ravioli were very tasty, with wine served from bottles. Seats were not comfortable as the armrests were fixed, and the seats were hard. Location next to bathrooms was not conducive to sleep as lavatory doors slammed and clicked all night. In addition, people waiting to use bathrooms frequently bumped into me, waking me up. Crew was helpful, friendly and attentive. Would not pay extra for these comfort + seats again.

• In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Write a ReviewReviews (24,320)

Reviewed 21 September 2017

The flight from RDU was over booked. We were afraid we wouldn't be flying non-stop. We left RDU about 15 minutes early. Our Flight was very smooth. Flight from LAX we were a little nervous. Hurricane Irma was close to our area of flight, but again we had a smooth flight.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Delta did a great job of dealing with 3 hurricanes at once. Flying from Costa Rica to Chicago and back I connect through Atlanta, which was heavily effected by the hurricanes, and all my flights got through with almost no delays.

This flight experience was THE WORST OF THE WORST I can ever remember,
though the KLM flight from Amsterdam to JFK taken just before this one was PRETTY BAD, with total waiting time on runways before take-off and after landing OVER 3 HOURS causing extremely stressful delays! The delays of being sent to three different gates at the JFK Delta terminal before being able to deplane from the KLM flight (KLM is an affiliate of Delta) only set the stage for the flight experience from JFK to LAX to be a negative experience at best. With no provisions to assist conncecting passengers with disembarking the KLM flight, gettting to/through customs, getting to baggage claim to retrieve bags from the international KLM flight, getting to the baggage "check" area to re-check baggage on the JFK-LAX flight, and no help getting through this after undergoing all of the previously mentioned stressful paces while being provided NO info re: whether the Delta JFK-LAX flight, departure time of which had come and gone, had already left, "TOTAL ABOMINATION" are the only words to describe the experience with more stress and strife to come. Once at the baggage "check" area where info that the JFK-LAX flight was delayed with "a chance" to make the flight was relayed to me ( I had to ask), there was still no help provided to get me through to an "express" TSA line or to the departure gate which was at the EXTREME OPPOSITE END OF JFK DELTA TERMINAL FROM THE GATE WHERE THE KLM flight deplaned! The JFK-LAX flight was almost finished boarding by the time I got to the gate, completely winded and wet with perspiration from the ordeal I had been through which entailed sprinting as fast as I could down moving sidewalks toting heavy "carry-ons," to try to make it on the flight. I underwent all of this after being awake for over 24 hours, relegated to contorting my body on a seat that was the size of a small shelf in a closet on the KLM flight! Things only got WORSE once I embarked upon the Delta plane. The seat I was assigned, one of a pair---aisle/window, was EVEN SMALLER than the one I had to contort my body upon on the KLM flight! I am a very small person, and I could only sit on the flat of my back with my knees in my face for this 5+ hour flight due to the untenably small seat and lack of seating room! The plane was extremely, disgustingly dirty with food and trash strewn all around; bathrooms were FILTHY with bodily excrements of various sorts all over and no clean supplies such as towels or even toilet paper for passengers' use---and these conditions only worsened during the flight! The flight attendants were rude and unpleasant, and their uncaring and condescending attitudes and behaviors towards those of us in "coach/economy" seats only worsened during the flight as well. When it came time to serve food to passengers, flight attendants literally threw sandwiches at passengers. Since this JFK-LAX flight was a "leg" of an international flight, I was to receive food free of charge, but one of the flight attendants actually tried to make me pay for food on this flight! DELTA AIRLINES SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF ITSELF---LINKING A PASSENGER'S COMFORT, TREATMENT AND OVERALL FLIGHT EXPERIENCE WITH HOW MUCH MONEY ONE IS WILLING TO SPEND TO FLY WITH THE AIRLINE! Furthermore, DELTA should be inspected and cited by a health department for the filthy, unsanitary conditions of this plane; this one likely not the only one in which conditions are so deplorable! This reviewer says, "ALL THUMBS DOWN FOR DELTA AIRLINES!"

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Boarded right on time and there was plenty of space in the gate area. Plane was decent, though older, and wifi was slow as usual. Service was fine. Arrived a little early!