“Incompetent”
Review of China Eastern Airlines

Reviewed 11 June 2024

This is my comment on China Eastern Airlines. During the three-day holiday, I was late for the first stop, causing me to miss the connecting flight. The offer is to stay at the hotel until the next day, then fly to another city, and fly to the destination at 11:30 p.m. In this way, I will lose 2 out of 3 days. I had to book another flight to my destination, and they also cancelled my return ticket. I have to buy another ticket to go home. Basically, I have to buy 3 tickets and stay in the city of my choice for 3 days. It cost me three times as much. China Eastern Airlines is required to refund the last stop and round-trip tickets. They will refund a small part of the tickets. The worst airline I've ever taken. Be careful of their connecting flights.

Date of travel: June 2024

Reviewed 10 June 2024

5 of us flew to Rome with China Eastern. We were able to afford the trip due to their amazing prices ($1090 return to Europe). The flight to Rome was on the new airbus 350-900, seats were as comfortable as you can get in economy, new aircraft and pleasant crew. The food was below airplane average. The inflight entertaiment was limited but we had plenty downloaded on our phones and did not worry. The plane was not full and we were able to get extra seats and sleep.
Shanghai Airport is nice and quiet, the food was really good and cheap. We had some issues on the way to Rome and the lack of English from the airport staff made it a bit challanging but nothing major.
The flight back was very much the same, less stress in Shanghai, and the last leg was on an older Airbus which seemed to have more leg room. The staff was always very professional and pleasent. If they keep offerining such great prices, I will 100% fly with them again.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 3 June 2024

In May 2024 we flew Melbourne-Tokyo-Melbourne via Shanghai with China Eastern Airlines, with the long legs (10 hours) in Premium Economy. Based on our experience with other PE products, such as Cathay Pacific, the Premium Economy offer is not at all 'premium'. The food (cryptically described and almost inedible) and the toilets (grubby) are shared with Economy class. The PA seats barely recline and are hard and uncomfortable. The armrests on the seats are bulky, sharp and unforgiving. The useless footrests merely squeezed our feet against the seat in front. The pillows (1 per passenger) were tiny. The staff seemed stressed and disorganised. Bread rolls arrived way after the meals and were too soggy to eat. The icecream pots arrived when we were finally trying to sleep and were rock hard. After our four flights, two on PE, it seemed to us that Premium is a misnomer. It was just not worth the nearly double the economy seat price that we paid. The best part of the service was that all four flights were on time.

Reviewed 3 June 2024

Booked through Aunt Betty Brisbane to London rtn . The last leg of my journey was cancelled by China eastern Airlines Sydney to Brisbane, I was forced to purchase another ticket to get myself home.
NEVER AGAIN. AUNT BETTY TOOK NO RESPONSIBILITY.
EVEN THOUGH I TRIED SEVERAL TIMES.
BEWARE OF BOOKING THROUGH THIS AGENCY.

Reviewed 3 June 2024

I think I was lucky! Both flights, departure and return took off and landed on time without any delay! I read in previous reviews that flight attendants don't serve well but I think this airline reads reviews and takes action! during the flight the flight attendants were friendly and they offered drinks several times. The quality of the food was reasonable and the cabin and toilets were very clean.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.