“Cancelled flight, uninformed until too late.”
Review of China Eastern Airlines

Reviewed 3 June 2024

Booked through Aunt Betty Brisbane to London rtn . The last leg of my journey was cancelled by China eastern Airlines Sydney to Brisbane, I was forced to purchase another ticket to get myself home.
NEVER AGAIN. AUNT BETTY TOOK NO RESPONSIBILITY.
EVEN THOUGH I TRIED SEVERAL TIMES.
BEWARE OF BOOKING THROUGH THIS AGENCY.

Reviewed 3 June 2024

I think I was lucky! Both flights, departure and return took off and landed on time without any delay! I read in previous reviews that flight attendants don't serve well but I think this airline reads reviews and takes action! during the flight the flight attendants were friendly and they offered drinks several times. The quality of the food was reasonable and the cabin and toilets were very clean.

Reviewed 27 May 2024

My five year old and I were stuck in Hong Kong and had to desperately buy last minute tickets to London, China Eastern had the cheapest fare by far!! at least $1500 less than other airlines! so we booked right away, but I was little worried about the overall reliability and service we'd be getting at that price. China Eastern really surprised me, I was so impressed by the kindness and professionalism of the crew, the food was good, the aircrafts we boarded were comfortable and cleaner than some rated higher that i'd been on. The only fault would be entertainment options were limited and no usb-c charging ports but those are first world problems and we were just happy to be on board. Highly recommend and will definitely be flying with them again in future.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 27 May 2024

Very lazy and even rude stewards who didn’t bother to bring water during the 11 hours long flight. The meals were almost impossible to eat. Very poor choice of international films/music. All in all it was my worst long-distance flight in 30 years of international travelling.

1  Thank V V
Reviewed 25 May 2024

After reading all the negative reviews I was expecting the worst. Took food on board and downloaded movies.
Right from checkin in Melbourne the staff were great. Food was very nice and the staff on board were very friendly.
Yes movies were limited but still ok. We left 10 minutes early.
My only complaint was there wasn't any wine served.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.