“Pleasantly Surprised!!”
Review of China Eastern Airlines

Reviewed 27 May 2024

My five year old and I were stuck in Hong Kong and had to desperately buy last minute tickets to London, China Eastern had the cheapest fare by far!! at least $1500 less than other airlines! so we booked right away, but I was little worried about the overall reliability and service we'd be getting at that price. China Eastern really surprised me, I was so impressed by the kindness and professionalism of the crew, the food was good, the aircrafts we boarded were comfortable and cleaner than some rated higher that i'd been on. The only fault would be entertainment options were limited and no usb-c charging ports but those are first world problems and we were just happy to be on board. Highly recommend and will definitely be flying with them again in future.

Date of travel: February 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

Reviewed 27 May 2024

Very lazy and even rude stewards who didn’t bother to bring water during the 11 hours long flight. The meals were almost impossible to eat. Very poor choice of international films/music. All in all it was my worst long-distance flight in 30 years of international travelling.

1  Thank V V
Reviewed 25 May 2024

After reading all the negative reviews I was expecting the worst. Took food on board and downloaded movies.
Right from checkin in Melbourne the staff were great. Food was very nice and the staff on board were very friendly.
Yes movies were limited but still ok. We left 10 minutes early.
My only complaint was there wasn't any wine served.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 24 May 2024

They have broken my luggage and paid no compensation. I have sent the application and they said “okay, we will pay for it”. So no money finally. Moreover, no more replies. I have asked them twice, what about my application. No response, no dialogue

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Александра К
Reviewed 23 May 2024

Flew from London to Shanghai and then to Phuket and back. Nothing to complain about, planes were super comfy and clean, the service was exceptional. Free food and drink on board ( which was of very nice quality, with fresh fruit etc).

In flight entertainment was good on the long haul flight.

Really nothing to complain about, great experience, would fly with them again and recommend.

Only slight negative I have is that the online check in can be annoying, and you might have to try multiple browsers etc, but I just left it and did it at the airport and again all nice and easy.

Date of travel: May 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.