“Premium economy”
Review of China Airlines

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Booked premium economy for the leg rest, it only comes out about 45 degrees but better than having only metal footrest. Bonus is wider seat with wide armrest in between seats. I would say worth the extra for long haul flights where you need to sleep

Date of travel: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,948)

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

China Airlines was a great airline to travel on. The staff were very friendly and well presented. There was plenty if room in the economy seats with inflight entertainment. The seats were very comfotable and the foid was beautifully presented and was really good. Would definitely travel with them again

Reviewed 6 November 2018

A350
Business Class Seat: 16K

First, I have to mention that China Airlines has very competitive pricing from this Vancouver route. One way economy can be as low as CAD580, premium economy at CAD970 but business at CAD2,777. I had also compared the prices at EVA for business at CAD3,100 and SIA via SFO at CAD3,666 back to Singapore (I will review the A330 business from TPE to SIN on CI on another review).

Finally, looking at both flight times of both CI and BR to depart YVR at 0200hrs exactly, I have decided to go for CI of course for the best pricing, and the interior also looks nicer though it seems like BR is better for catering.

The flight on CI31 from YVR to TPE was not full. For business, I am guessing around 50% loaded. Since there are no first class, business class passengers get treated the best. Priority boarding as usual. Plane configuration 1-2-1 and I selected 16K - window seat closer to the rear of business class. Hot towels, welcome drink (I opted for water) and nuts after boarding. Before the plane took off, menus were also given and orders for both supper and breakfast were taken before take off.

Since it was a relatively very late (very early) flight at 0200hrs, meal service soon begins. Presentation of meals were good. Starters, soup was good. For main course, I opted for Western: Beef Steak. The taste was ok, not WOW.

IFE was adequate. Now on the seat, it was comfortable as well, though I would prefer it to be a little bit more wide. Pillow and blankets were provided, but there were no pajamas or bed linens. Instead, I took a 2nd blanket and lay it over the seat and cover myself with another blanket. After a quite solid 5 to 6 hours sleep, I woke up and realize it was quite warm to have two blankets.

During mid-flight, I did walk up to the snack bar area where there were Taiwanese cup noodles, nuts, biscuits, also wine, tea, coffee. However, I did not eat anything but opted for some really nice fragrant Chinese tea. Surprisingly, I ate and drink more on a 4hrs SIN-HKG flight than on this 12.5hrs YVR to TPE flight..haha!

Breakfast wise, I went for some comfort food, plain porridge and condiments and this seems like a very popular choice for a lot of CI business class flights I viewed through reviewers on YouTube etc.

Service wise was generally good, attentive and polite, the usual you will expect from Taiwanese carrier. Comparing to EVA, flight attendants on China Airlines seems more stoic and engineered where the former seems more approachable and friendlier.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

The tv in the plane couldn't even on any programmes to watch and for 5 straight hours,the tv screen only had the map of the plane going to the destination so I might as well have taken a budget airline instead of wasting my money on a plane that didn't even have a functional tv screen to watch.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Food, entertainment, and service are good. Im pretty laid back so I never judge these services. SEATS ARE TERRIBLE!!! It was the worst experience I have had regarding traveling by air. I am not big at all. 5'4 and 113 lbs. A typically slender Asian type. China Airline didn't let me select the seats at all. The seats were assigned randomly. I was squeezed in my tiny seat in the very middle aisle. Couldnt straight my legs the whole time and was barely able to move around in my seat. I'd rather pay extra to fly with other airlines.

Date of travel: December 2017
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)