“Pleasant flight and crew”
Review of Cathay Pacific

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This was my first flight with CP in about 5 years. I chose CP because of the good fare I got and quick connecting time in HK to Phuket. The plane was spotless, flight pleasant , staff friendly. Service not quite on par with Emirates and QAtar but I avoided long overlays in Doha and Dubai

Date of travel: December 2017
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Write a ReviewReviews (11,867)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Nowadays, you hardly would expect a real surprise in your flight experience. Things have been so expected and routine. Overall smooth operations, air hostesses were courtesy and attentive. The five hours flight with a some good movies to watch are good enough to kill your time (and if you know some skills, you might be able to watch 2.5 movies). Seat space was better than my previous economy flight (someone said because this is older plane).

Food was as usual so so. A Haagen Dazs icecream came after as recovery.

What really was frustrating was the entertainment system. Nowadays, this touchscreen sensitiveness is considered outdated and, quite annoying. While screening the movies, we were frequently being directed to wrong screens and we needed to redo the touch again. System was slow to react. Worst, my headphones often had sound malfunction and my wife also experience hiccup in the system.

I understand revamping the whole hardware costs a lot but CX can upgrade their interfaces and avoid passengers frustration. These little upgrade should not be difficult but we saw the same interfaces for years and the problems persist.

And that's disappointing. Hope CX can improve this very soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Second time for flying with this airline. Comfort, service, food, entertainment is excellent even in economy.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Aircraft is the new A350. So, the windows are larger, the air is fresher and more pressurized and less dry. The better cabin atmosphere made me feel better than other similar flights.

Seats - perhaps they recline a bit more than older premium economy seats. All seats now have leg rest, not just the front row. The space to the seat in front is still a bit tight to get in or out of, and the aisle passenger needs to move.

TV monitors: bigger but in the front row they are fixed to the bulk-head so quite a distance away. So, for better viewing avoid row 30.

Food: quite reasonable. Pre-take-off champagne followed by quite drinkable table wine.

Would I fly it again or pay for business or save on economy? Probably try to buy a discount business if flying overnight. For a long daytime flight to watch 3 movies etc, then premium economy is fine.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Flight was in time but services from the younger crews were disappointing. They showed face when we requested for things and weren't helpful at all considering we had a baby on board with us. They made us feel as though we were very troublesome when we needed food tray to be cleared so we could lift the baby off the bassinet during turbulence.

Having said that the older crews I.e. the team leaders offered service of a different level. They were courteous and was proactive in checking on our needs.

1  Thank lisC_al