“Business Class - London Heathrow to Miami”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I think we travelled on the 777.

Check in was seamless as was private security though the latter is reflective of the airport. No long queues with either.

BA should offer a chauffeur service and also reconsider payments for reserving seats - given the price of the tickets to then have to pay at least £83 each way per person is ridiculous.

No delays, both flights were on time.

The lounge was extremely spacious - no struggle to find seating although it was busy circa 07.00 - 08.45. The lounge had free massages available, vast array of non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks, wi-fi business centre but they must, must, must improve on their food offerings - this is not on par with some other airline lounges i.e. American Airlines, Emirates etc.

The staff were very pleasant, engaging and do all they can for you.

The food on the plane was unfortunately just edible - I expect better given your spending thousands on one ticket and the standard of food definitely does not reflect this. They also did not have our desired choice on our return.

Good amenities from the White Company provided - unfortunately no PJ's this is for First Class only. You also have to prepare your bed yourself unlike some other airlines.

2 middle centre seats are perfect for couples - I would feel very uncomfortable sitting here with a stranger and would opt for a one of the two 'single' seats that face opposing ways.. We sat in the seats closest to the curtains separating the classes. I personally would sit as far away from the bathrooms as possible. Also the 2 single seats closest to the bathrooms - the bathroom door obstructs these seats so I would steer clear of these. I don't feel the design of the business class seats were well thought out. When food is being passed to you depending on where you sit, another individuals food will have to be passed over your seat.

Bathrooms are no different to economy although White Company products are provided in the bathroom.

2  Thank CSim_12
Write a ReviewReviews (41,281)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As it was a friends 60th birthday on the day we flew out to Dubrovnik we decided to upgrade to business class. What a disapppintment and complete waste of money. When I have flown on other airlines, drinks are served as soon as up I sit down, not with BA. Breakfast was served, didn’t have my first choice which was a continental breakfast as only two loaded on board the flight, so had to have cooked breakfast which was terrible, with fat swimming at the bottom of the container, sausage and bacon so dry. We were lucky to get a cup of tea but were not offered “bubbly” and the steward spent the whole flight seated in front of two passengers, chatting and serving them with bubbly. I have never received such shoddy service and food on a flight. BA you need to have a look at business class with Gulf Air, they will show you how it’s done.

1  Thank sandrajH800WF
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having recently flown Virgin Atlantic premium economy, I was a bit disappointed in BA's take on this fare class. At least on the Boston-London route, the premium economy cabin was dated and worn, with extremely small monitors and not much to set it apart from regular economy. The pillows are nice, however, and the flight attendants were very gracious. All in all, I was surprised at how much BA has become like an American airline, which is unfortunate.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We traveled to Mexico and had such a brilliant experience so was expecting the same on our return flight. I know we wasn’t going direct and knew the first flight was with American Airlines but didn’t realise both had been changed to them. The service was so poor from entering the plane staff were complaining about working conditions which we could hear not very professional. Plane was shabby TVs wouldn’t work correctly so gave up. Food was disgusting so didn’t eat. I would never book with British Airways again if I would have to fly with America airlines. Had paid for extra leg room seats wish I hadn’t bothered also only got 1 soft drink didn’t make you feel you could have more or anything stronger felt staff resented being their or even looking after any needs.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am only reviewing the BA flight between Prague and London and back as I have been using BA in the past year and a half on an average once per month so I think I am in the position of making a correct (in my opinion) review.

The tickets are rather expensive for what they are offering. The airplanes most of the times are dirty and gives you a rather unpleasant feeling when sitting on your seat.

The magazines are torn apart and dirty as well and though I do not understand people who are doing such a thing I do not understand the company not being able to at least replace the torn ones before the flight. Guess with how much money they make from publicity they have more than enough magazines for the flights taking into account the fact that they are not monthly subscriptions.

You do not get any food unless you are first class and if you want something you need to pay either via card or Avios. The food is from Marks and Spencer and again the prices are rather high for the quality you are getting.

The leg space is almost decent but if the guy in front of you is getting his chair back then it becomes rather uncomfortable.

If the flight is full they will pick all the hang luggage from all the people in the plane and send it over for getting them checked with I completely understand however most of the time the attitude is rather unpolite. The fact that they use words like Sir and Madam doesn't make up for the rather rude way of addressing people.

Be careful if you have your hand luggage and a bag (either handbag or laptop) and you consider shopping in Heathrow it might get you into trouble when trying to get in to your gate. Seen too many times situations in which they did not let people in because they had 3 bags instead of 2 and they needed to squeeze everything in which is a bit ridiculous when you buy a bottle of alcohol and just keep it in the duty free bag rather than trying to somehow put it in one of your bags.

One thing which I consider rather strange is the whole donation recommendation taking place after duty free. They will not accept payments in cash for food and drinks but they will accept any spare change you will have for their donation program. It's a bit strange that a company so big la BA is taking money from they passengers to support donation programs rather then having only themselves support different causes. They say it's for children all around the world, I am not saying it's not true but still a bit questionable as to why they ask passengers to give money when they can support children through the sell of flight tickets.

All in all there is nothing extra that BA offers compared to other companies that fly to London and back and are far cheaper just maybe the possibility of landing on Heathrow if that is the fastest way of getting to London. I believe they should improve on their service and hospitality as well as their cleanliness of their fleet. Unfortunately a smile at the end of the flight from the captain doesn't compensate for the lack of basics.