“Direct and comfortable, but below expectations”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I'm a tall person and I felt the extra legroom and space was (just) worth paying for. "Ear flaps" don't work as well as in economy so ironically I slept better in ordinary economy on my first flight. Entertainment system was very old and disappointing on this 747. No USB port to charge phone. And they'd loaded the wrong earphones for the plane. Please British Airways - white wine should be served chilled.

Date of travel: January 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (41,271)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I travel frequently and had one of the worst experiences I've ever had with British Airways. I was in Barcelona for just four days so had one small bag which they asked me to check. Due to BA's negligence, my flight from Barcelona to London was delayed causing most passengers to miss their connections. When I finally got a flight, we taxied for an hour and then were told we needed to return to the gate as the luggage was loaded incorrectly. It took me nearly 24 hours to travel from Barcelona to JFK. I didn't eat or drink anything for ten hours. When I arrived, my luggage wasn't there so I filed a claim. I called and emailed every day and they couldn't find it even though I had a tag number and and documentation. Eight days later, they finally contacted me and gave me a six hour window for bag delivery. When I got my bag, I was missing an item which is valued at $250.00. The final insult is that I was expected to file a claim for my missing personal property within seven days. As a result, they have offered me no compensation for damages. Avoid this airline if you can.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Boarded on time but congestion at Gatwick meant we had a short delay but it was an on time arrival after an 8 hour flight. Meals were OK without being anything special and afternoon was a couple of finger sandwiches of dubious quality.
Seating was acceptable and reasonable legroom but the fact you have to pay for your sears is a disgrace. BA should include seat selection in the price for long haul flights. Not booking seats means that families are split up all over the cabin.
Stewards and hostess’ were friendly and helpful.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I was not sure what to expect as I have heard "negative opinion" on BA flights. Overall, I found that it was a pleasant flight. The service was very good. Food was well above average. I, however, did not eat all the meals as I was not hungry after having eaten at the lounge and on the way from Melbourne.
The only "negative opinion or nuisance" I have is the seat. It comprises of two components - the leg and the main part. if you have the window seat, you would have to walk over your "neighbour's legs" to get out.
Overall, a much better flight than I expected. I would fly BA again.

Date of travel: December 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

BA have destroyed my holiday in Majorca in June. You have cancelled my return flight. I now have to find a hotel for an additional night (my booked one has no rooms available for the extra night) and leave the following morning. I wish I had booked with EasyJet. I will know better next time. And you wonder why you are failing.
Full service pricing, but poorer than budget service!