“Wonderful staff”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a nice flight from London to NY on British Airways. The staff was wonderful on the ground and in the air. I am not a fan of the cabin configuration. I always have to fly backwards and when in the inside seat, it can be difficult to get out at times.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (38,693)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I do like BA but more and more I find myself asking myself why ?
I am still not convinced about the M & S food option but that is irrelevant here as we were flying Long Haul to Bangkok.
Now after friendly crew, leg room and considerate fellow passengers the inflight entertainments system is the most important part of the flight to me. Well it would be over 12 hours in the air the odd movie or 2 is essential. So it would be nice if the system bared even a close resemblance to the one on the website. It seemed on our plane to he system had been purchased from Noah and came complete with water damage.
Twice I started to watch a film only to be taken old the whole system was being rebooted as the he system was failing for many passengers.
Screen was not much bigger than my iPhone plus and a miserable resolution and failed completely on the world map. Movies were severely limited compared to my flight to Brazil in Spring and there were no games, which frustrated our 5 year old.

For the return journey we made sure our iPads were fully charged with many films and games downloaded and I bought a large power bank to see us through.

The food was ok, service still good BA, now one of the few reasons left to fly with them.
However my next flight to Thailand I think I will go Emirates or Thai Airways and if you want decent in flight entertainment I suggest your do the same.

Date of travel: August 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight was busy but well managed; we left a little ahead of schedule and arrived 20 mins early.

The gate was available almost immediately and the luggage was out fairly quickly; a vast improvement on previous flights arriving in Edinburgh.

Only one downside my seat was broken and wouldn't stay in the up-right position.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were flying from Rome back to Gatwick and our flight was scheduled for 19:45. It was wonderful that everyone has boarded and we were ready to go bang on our time slot. The captain kept us informed throughout the journey which was nice as sometimes you don’t know what is going on and if you will get out on time.

We also made some time up and even arrived early.

The crew were lovely and there was so much more space on the plane compared to the one we went out to Rome on.

I have flown BA a few times now and they are one of the beat airlines I have flown with.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

No duty free onboard, luckily we had preordered.
Ran out of numerous drinks half way through flight, eg.vodka,Bacardi,jack Daniels and bottled water
Plane was old, tv screens didn't work for some
Return flight was improved with a newer plane and more comfortable seats and better audio equipment
Our connecting flight to Edinburgh was delayed and we were held in a room with no toilet facilities, were informed that there was no coaches to take us to the aircraft.
When buses did arrive it was a free for all despite a member of my party being disabled, no assistance was offered, that was shocking and annoying. Such a shame as on the outward flight the assistance was excellent

Date of travel: September 2018