“Holiday flight”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 17 November 2018

lovely to have direct flight, hostesses very friendly, helpful and always available. Enjoyed the food. Only little problem i had was i battled to eat as seats so narrow and if the seat next to you is occupied you basically eating with elbows tucked right in. Also due to neck and back problems, the head cushion on the seat i find very uncomfortable. Perhaps get feedback from other passengers on this as lady in seat opposite me also said it was not comfortable for her. Otherwise plane was keep lovely and neat and tidy. Well done BA hope this direct flight continues.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (41,324)

Reviewed 17 November 2018

This was a seasonal flight into Oakland, the inflight entertainment only worked in some parts of the plane (1st class etc) which when you are on a long flight is very disappointing and makes the flight seem terribly long. This was not an unusual occurrence as this has happened on at least 3 other long haul BA flights I have taken. The return flight date was changed by BA as they were ceasing this route earlier than advertised. I opted to fly out of San Jose into Heathrow. The staff were pleasant enough,

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed 17 November 2018

Three days before we were due to fly to Denver direct BA decided to cancel this flight with no apparent reason. We immediately contacted our agent who said they knew nothing about it but will contact them straight away. The agent came back and said we have been transferred to another flight but now we were going via Philadelphia some additional 5hours added to our journey. Although BA did upgrade our flight from Heathrow it still remains that the hassle that came with this change was inconvenient.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 17 November 2018

Very late but within 10 minutes of having to pay compensation - not for first time. However did not provide refreshment vouchers as should have done over 2 hour delay and worse part was response to the consequent complaint! Also completely lied to at airport about nature of the delay which was completely their fault but tired to blame on non existent snow!!!
Their reply to complaint was absolute arrogance that a simple thank you for advising us we were rubbish, we accept that we are, but we are going to nothing. Very interesting that they think customers will stay despite this or that if they leave, they don’t care?

Date of travel: November 2018
2  Thank SapphireNorthYorks
Reviewed 17 November 2018

With British Airways, I witnessed hospitality at its best in air. The crew on board is very helpful and has an eye for details, when it comes to customer service.

I was to fly to Philadelphia from Mumbai on 11 September 2018. Due to operational reasons, my flight was cancelled and I was rescheduled a day earlier. This meant I had to spend over 16 hours at Heathrow; I was a bit worried.

As we were nearing London, I spoke with one of the cabin crew about my concern. He assured me that the airline would take care of everything and that I need not worry. He even accompanied me till the British Airways counter at Heathrow.

The counter staff at Heathrow airport, a lady, went through my documents and told me that British Airways would take care of my accommodation and meals whilst in London. She immediately issued me the coupons for stay and meals (dinner & breakfast) at the Holiday Inn Heathrow M4, Jct 4, and to and fro bus passes of the hop-on-hop off shuttle. She told me that British Airways would take care of all these expenses and wished my a pleasant stay in London.

The immigration officer too cleared my papers without any hiccoughs and there I was, unexpectedly, in London - this was serendipity for me!

I was taken very good care of! Thank you, British Airways, for making my trip memorable!

Date of travel: September 2018