“The standard of service is entirely dependant on the crew”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On the first leg London to Singapore the service was indifferent while on the second leg Singapore to Sydney with a different crew it was much better

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (24,826)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Do not fly with BA from Gatwick to Nice or Montpellier, your car will be in the South terminal and they will return you to the North or vice versa. They won't tell you until you land, where you find out as you touch down, to add insult to injury they will thank you for flying BA and wish you an onward pleasant journey. That's if the incompetent stewardess with attitude can read her crib notes.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked a flight from Argentina with BA thinking they would make 13h journey less of a pain. Well... I was wrong! First, booking a seat was a struggle (was told BA changed the way seats are allocated so if you dont pay for a seat expect them to give you the worst of the bad). So I prepared to be seated in the middle (26E) which luckily has a lot of leg room as no seats in front.
What I did not know was the head rest on my seat was broken so it would never stay in the position and kept falling down on my back everytime I tried to rest my head. Annoying if you want to get some sleep traveling overnight, isnt it?
The best part came when we took off and the air con above our heads blasted incredibly cold air onto us. Few of us sitting in row 26 complained to the staff to be said they will try to increase the temperature but it would still be churning out the air as they cannot turn down the intensity of the air. The flight attendant came to check if it got any better, but hardly so. Everybody affected immediately put every piece of clothing they had with them (they were sitting there in winter jackets and scarfs) and covered themselves in blankets but that didnt stop our foreheads got very cold, I got headache, eyes swallowed... When discussed it with staff again we were told they cannot increase temperature any higher. Reason? In past, some travelers passed out from the high temperature so they need to keep it low... But how low does it have to be for a person not to pass out? Does the air con have to be set so strong??
Interesting fact: when leaving the plane we walked through business class and guess what? Was nice and warm in there! good 10 degrees difference comparing to where we were sitting. I guess passengers in business class dont pass out from high temperatures.......
Btw.. I left Argentina earlier to come back to work (my friends stayed a week longer). Now instead of going to work I am in bed with cold and fever. Thank you British Airways for a great holiday I am on now!! My first and last flight with you.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've flown with British Airways several times and have never been thrilled with their service. Last year I flew with them and I was having trouble lifting my suitcase into the overhead bin and one of the flight attendants, instead of helping me, told me I shouldn't pack more than I can lift. On my most recent flight to Milan I found all of the attendants equally rude (again). I won't be flying with them again.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Shauna P
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On our flight to Vienna for Christmas there was a medical emergency and with no doctor or nurse responding to the call for help we were diverted to Prague. All crew were helpful, calm and efficient and on landing aircraft was met by an ambulance. Passenger and his wife were taken off and although taking off their luggage took a while there were no complaints by other passengers. We landed in Vienna a couple of hours late but all were happy to have been diverted in order to ensure the health of another.
British Airways have always been my airline of choice but this proved their caring efficiency.

1  Thank salisbury16