“Never Book a flight with BA”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

never thought that BA would stoop …

I never thought that BA would stoop this low, please trust me when I say that I have travelled on many many airlines, however we as a family were subjected to the worst holiday experience you can imagine, all thanks to BA, without going into detail, they failed to deliver a standard service on the flight, they lost our luggage, they lied about the delivery of our luggage for 3 days just so we would not buy anything to claim against, I am ashamed to say that this company has the word British in front of it....do not buy any flights from BA, it is not worth the extra money they charge, the moment it goes wrong, you are left out to dry...never again will I use this company and never ever would I thought I would say this, but EasyJet, Ryanair, you are way above these guys when it comes to customer service...

2  Thank Deano196552
Write a ReviewReviews (22,583)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Travelled back from Amsterdam on Monday afternoon and would like to thank BA for their TOTAL LACK OF CUSTOMER CARE given to passengers on the flight, delayed by a technical fault , and made to get our bags and go out of the airport and come straight back in to start the check in process again.
Yes it was nice for us who had paid the extra to travel business class and had a comfortable lounge during the delay but what about the rest of the passengers, left to sort themselves out around a large airport at their own expense. None of us were given any information. Told to go to bag claim 2 and wait half an hour, sorry we meant an hour and half but we at BA also don't bother to tell you this because we don't care, we've had your money. Then BA tell you to go back to the check in ,but wait the check in tell to go and get a new ticket from reservations, but wait, reservations then tell you didn't need to do this as the check in could have done it, but never mind it did pass away an hour for you while BA staff just seemed to laugh at your antics. Absolute disgrace that the so called 'flagship' airline of this country treats their customers with such contempt, and the amount of 'lies, fibs or clearly the staff just didn't know was disgusting.
Business class it felt more like cattle class. Suggest you fly with another airline.

1  Thank DeeSmith610
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently flew BA in Business Class from Denver to New Delhi, India with just a brief layover at London Heathrow Airport in between each of the two 8+ hour flights. I fly long haul flights frequently for business, and I was surprised at the low quality of service, food and seating on these BA flights!

Both flights were on older Boeing 747 aircraft with poor seat configurations that require any non aisle seats to climb over fellow passengers to get out. On one flight, my entertainment system did not work and although they attempted to re-set it, they were neither apologetic nor offering any compensation for having zero entertainment. The screens are also very small compared to other carriers and the selection of movies is 1/2 what is offered on United or the airlines on the Middle East.

The food was average at best, and served by a staff that appeared to be overworked or simply uninterested in the passengers. And the seat itself? Narrow and quite hard, making it uncomfortable despite the pillow and thin duvet provided. What happened to the 'old British Airways', the one that made a name for themselves in the quality of service they provided, especially in Business and First Class?

Travel Hint: If you happen to be making the same flight routing, be aware that the connection time required at LHR as you arrive from Denver in Terminal 3 and you depart for Delhi in Terminal 5, is EASILY 60 minutes. You don't have any time to relax and use the lounges at Heathrow after you are taken by bus and underground train to the departure gate for New Delhi. I was moving quickly the whole time (and on the 'Fast Track' due to my Business Class ticket) and I just made it in time, so any delay from Denver will mean that you will miss your flight connection and be rebooked on a different flight from London!

I was very disappointed with BA and will take other carriers in the future.

1  Thank MtnWill
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flying from Heathrow to Singapore was a pleasant experience. The cabin staff were friendly and the food was good. The experience was ok despite the cramped conditions, however the return flight, Singapore to Heathrow, was marred by charmless, personalityless stewards who seemed to have an "If I have to" approach to looking after their customers. Coincidentally the food on this trip was awful too. Gone are the cheerful staff who make your flight a pleasant experience. BA should take a leaf out of the other airlines that fly into Singapore. I travel a lot with Easyjet and am always impressed by the level of service, keenness and professionalism that they provide, sadly lacking with BA.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very pleasant, overnight flight. Checked in online and then only had to drop the bags off at the airport (no queue, but we were early for the flight). Comfortable seats; even though we were the last row against the bulkhead the seats still reclined (albeit slightly less than those in the rest of the cabin), good choice of in-flight entertainment, decent food (pre-ordered veggie choice). I'd happily fly with them again.