“Flight and Service were good but.........”
Review of Belavia Belarusian Airlines

Reviewed 20 September 2018

As German passport Holder I can stay 30 Days without Visa in Belarus, I did believe.
After 5 days stay in Minsk I faced very unpleasant surprise at the Airport because I entered the Country without Visa, officer said. He explained that I can enter Belarus without Visa if I come from all countries in the World but not if I come from Russian. I paid 200 US Dollar penalty.
Why Belavia staff in Moscow did not inform me about it?
Why they check me In in Moscow if I do not have Visa?

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Service is pretty good, food became much better if compare with previous years. Now a passenger will receive either substantial breakfast or lunch box depending on time of the flight.
I'd like to notice that the crew is very attentive to passengerы with children, that is a big plus for me.
Flights are not cheap, but very often that's worth it. It's better to pay a bit more and get direct flight with baggage included and good service, than pay less and wait for departure for several hours or fly with transfer.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

This service seems to vary, sometimes o k, other times very ordinary. My last trip was very old 737, very cramped and noisy, cabin crew not seen except for delivering food, food not too bad but not a great experience.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Near new Embraer Jet, very comfortable, great service. Cabin crew very helpful and multilingual. Good food.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I fly by Belavia from Kiev to Moscow and back via Minsk exactly for 3 years since direct flights between Russian and Ukraine were banned. I do between 130 to 140 flights per year. That's a lot, so I know what I am talking about. The brightest features of Belavia are:
1) Very punctual in 99,9% of flights
2) big variety of flights in terms of time and airports
3) Very good service for frequent flyers: free upgrade to business class for gold members, business lounges and separate security check for silver/gold members;
4) young, pretty and helpful personnel on board;
5) renovating airport in Minsk and approving airport personnel (in progress)
Since there is no possibility to fly from Kiev to Moscow directly I am happy there is Belavia with overall very good service.