“Recommend Bangkok Airways”
Review of Bangkok Airways

Reviewed 5 May 2024

First time on Bangkok Airways and great flight to Koh Samui in economy class and although only 2 hours they served a really nice hot meal plus drinks including wine. Food was much better than Qantas (which is usually dreadful food anyway) or Singapore Airlines and service was excellent.

Date of travel: May 2024

Reviewed 28 April 2024

Pros:
1. The preordered vegetarian meal on this short flight was a healthy mix of vegetables; the combination of colors was even more appetizing than the sandwich.
2. The queue to check in was shorter than the other airlines given the smaller aircraft and fewer passengers.
3. The flight was on time.
4. The pilot tilted the plane to allow passengers to get a last glimpse of Angkor Wat temple complex shortly after taking off.
5. We appreciate the little details: the metal cutlery, refreshing wipe, and a bottle of water.

Con:
1. Airfare was on the higher end, but it was comparable to Thai Smile / Thai Airways.
2. The overhead compartment is small so you may have to gate check your carryon bag.
3. Some passengers might be missing the courtesy kiosk that was available at REP, the previous airport.

Date of travel: November 2023
Reviewed 21 April 2024

Bangkok Airways checked my son Faheem Jaffer on Saturday, 29 April all the way to KHI via BKK on TG341 departure 7:00pm.
He arrived last night in KHI at 10:00pm local time. His tags showing luggage still sitting at Koh Samui Airport.

No response from Bangkok Airways. DISGRACEFUL.

Tourism Authority of Thailand should take serious note of it how a Good week got ruined by CARELESS attendants of airline.

• In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank Mypace
Reviewed 12 April 2024

Horrible flight ever!!!!

BKK to TRAT flight we flew on 9/11/2024 was terrified.
Even we arrived safely, however, the terrible plane control, landing, taking off made me so sick, wanna throw up.

The cost was relitively overpriced compared to service.
The lounge at the airport served limited food and snacks.
Pad Thai we had on the flight tasted awful, and also the veggie were burnt.

• In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank Pimpisa J
Reviewed 10 April 2024

As a frequent traveler and a resident of Koh Samui, I am compelled to share my recent experience with Bangkok Airways, and it is with great disappointment that I must express my dissatisfaction.

During a recent flight with Bangkok Airways, my family and I encountered an issue that left us deeply disappointed and disheartened. Despite our anticipation for a pleasant journey, our experience was marred by the unreasonable actions of the airline staff.

The incident in question occurred when my son, excitedly carrying his newly purchased water gun for the Songkran festival, was informed by Bangkok Airways personnel that he would not be allowed to bring it onboard. The reason cited was utterly absurd – the water gun apparently resembled a real firearm, despite the obvious distinction between a harmless toy and a dangerous weapon.

It is baffling and frustrating that Bangkok Airways would take such a stance, depriving a young child of a simple pleasure and a cherished tradition. As any parent would understand, seeing the disappointment on my son's face was truly heart-wrenching. We had purchased the water gun specifically for him to enjoy the festivities of Songkran, a cultural celebration eagerly anticipated by children throughout Thailand.

What adds insult to injury is the exorbitant cost of traveling with Bangkok Airways, coupled with their apparent lack of empathy and understanding. It is incomprehensible that a company of their stature would prioritize misguided policies over the happiness and well-being of their passengers, especially innocent children.

Bangkok Airways, your callous and insensitive treatment of my son and countless other passengers is unacceptable. Despite the inconvenience it may cause me as a resident of Koh Samui, I refuse to support an airline that demonstrates such disregard for its customers, particularly young ones who look forward to special occasions like Songkran.

Depriving a Thai child of his water gun for Songkran – a joyous and culturally significant event – is not only disappointing but also deeply upsetting. Your actions have left a lasting impression on my family, and I cannot overlook or forgive the distress you have caused.

In conclusion, I implore Bangkok Airways to reconsider its policies and prioritize customer satisfaction and empathy. Until then, I will be seeking alternative airlines for my future travels, and I will not hesitate to share my experience with others.

Date of travel: April 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.