“Bangkok Airways Disgraceful attitude attendants at Koh Samui Airport check-in. Passenger arrived at destination - no bag”
Review of Bangkok Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Bangkok Airways checked my son Faheem Jaffer on Saturday, 29 April all the way to KHI via BKK on TG341 departure 7:00pm.
He arrived last night in KHI at 10:00pm local time. His tags showing luggage still sitting at Koh Samui Airport.

No response from Bangkok Airways. DISGRACEFUL.

Tourism Authority of Thailand should take serious note of it how a Good week got ruined by CARELESS attendants of airline.

Reviewed 12 April 2024

Horrible flight ever!!!!

BKK to TRAT flight we flew on 9/11/2024 was terrified.
Even we arrived safely, however, the terrible plane control, landing, taking off made me so sick, wanna throw up.

The cost was relitively overpriced compared to service.
The lounge at the airport served limited food and snacks.
Pad Thai we had on the flight tasted awful, and also the veggie were burnt.

Reviewed 10 April 2024

As a frequent traveler and a resident of Koh Samui, I am compelled to share my recent experience with Bangkok Airways, and it is with great disappointment that I must express my dissatisfaction.

During a recent flight with Bangkok Airways, my family and I encountered an issue that left us deeply disappointed and disheartened. Despite our anticipation for a pleasant journey, our experience was marred by the unreasonable actions of the airline staff.

The incident in question occurred when my son, excitedly carrying his newly purchased water gun for the Songkran festival, was informed by Bangkok Airways personnel that he would not be allowed to bring it onboard. The reason cited was utterly absurd – the water gun apparently resembled a real firearm, despite the obvious distinction between a harmless toy and a dangerous weapon.

It is baffling and frustrating that Bangkok Airways would take such a stance, depriving a young child of a simple pleasure and a cherished tradition. As any parent would understand, seeing the disappointment on my son's face was truly heart-wrenching. We had purchased the water gun specifically for him to enjoy the festivities of Songkran, a cultural celebration eagerly anticipated by children throughout Thailand.

What adds insult to injury is the exorbitant cost of traveling with Bangkok Airways, coupled with their apparent lack of empathy and understanding. It is incomprehensible that a company of their stature would prioritize misguided policies over the happiness and well-being of their passengers, especially innocent children.

Bangkok Airways, your callous and insensitive treatment of my son and countless other passengers is unacceptable. Despite the inconvenience it may cause me as a resident of Koh Samui, I refuse to support an airline that demonstrates such disregard for its customers, particularly young ones who look forward to special occasions like Songkran.

Depriving a Thai child of his water gun for Songkran – a joyous and culturally significant event – is not only disappointing but also deeply upsetting. Your actions have left a lasting impression on my family, and I cannot overlook or forgive the distress you have caused.

In conclusion, I implore Bangkok Airways to reconsider its policies and prioritize customer satisfaction and empathy. Until then, I will be seeking alternative airlines for my future travels, and I will not hesitate to share my experience with others.

Reviewed 7 April 2024

Always great and good value for money. No issues with delayed flights and a smooth journey overall. Friendly staff and onboard service, even on super short flights eg Bangkok to Trat. At Trat airport they also have complimentary snacks and drinks.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 2 April 2024

Chiang Mai to Bangkok 1st April 2024. Aircraft A319. Easy booking, generous service from luggage to catering onboard. Preordered a special hot meal (free!) accommodated; additional meals provided upon inquiry. Ticket very reasonable, 47 USD. Free lounge access (dry, but an enormous effort to operate and it is well kept with snacks and soft drinks, checked luggage (+/- 20 kg), and got seat upgrade from the very back to the very front – without requesting, but they offered me firmly. Got a whole row 2 for myself despite the flight was basically full. Staff onboard were top-notch, polite and observant. A second hot meal was delivered on my tray table within 20 seconds (yes!). They chose a wonderful alternative to the first dish. Pleasure to be onboard with them. Got even flying mileage inserted to my Qatar Airways Privilege Club for the flight. Many advantages by this airline. Lot of staff on ground and in air, all very effective and helpful. What they generously delivered within an hours’ flight is unbelievable. Worth every penny. And, this was only a domestic flight. If they cross a border, they provide free flow of alcoholic drinks (wine and beer). We miss them back to Vietnam, but they were knocked out by Corona and LCCs.
Only three drawbacks are: 1. superfluous and useless online check-in; 2. No luggage transfers thru BKK (just as discount airlines) due to no real partners, interline agreements, alliances. 3. Bus driving from aircraft to Terminal very annoying and disturbs all the good points earned in the air.
Recommend them strongly, likely the best of the small airlines in SE Asia.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.