“Again, good service”
Review of Avianca

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Again, Avianca is getting better everytime.
Flight on time, crew very helpful.
Nice plane, good enterteinment for kids and adults, food quality was actually better than expected.
Good experience

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (14,317)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Itis a great airline in comparisson to tohers. In the price you can take with you 2 bags instead of 1 like most of airlines. The food is good and the entertainment service on board is just fantastic. I love this airline

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I read many of the other reviews on here about flying with Avianca and was very weary but I had a really great experience. We had one minor 20 minute delay on the way due to weather. The staff are professional, polished and friendly. The food was decent and they feed you quite frequently. I'd definitely fly Avianca again.

1  Thank telishan2017
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my very first trip to South America, so I am unfamiliar with the airlines there. I booked a two-way business class ticket on Avianca because the trip was too long (20 hours) with lengthy stops in Lima (four hours upon arrival, and 6 upon departure). I only discovered while at the airports that "Avianca does not have an arrangement with the airports for access to the business class lounge" as one employee told me!!! The whole purpose of booking a business class ticket was to rest in between flights.
Nowhere on my ticket reservation, in my booking confirmation, or during my actual booking process was this information conveyed to me. I only knew when I was stuck in the airports. My flights (both ways) were during the night, which even made the wait worse. I gave two starts instead of one because the inflight service was very good.
No thanks to Avianca for ruining what was otherwise an amazing vacation.

2  Thank Luna-14_T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew to Cuzco so we could hike the Inca Trail. This was the only option really (unless you count having to change carriers at a layover & increase the chance of your bags being lost). It was a long haul & even worse layover so we upgraded to business class. The Star Alliance Lounge in Dulles Airport was AMAZING!! The alcohol selection, fresh food, nice bathrooms, comfortable seating, & overall ambience were fantastic.
All 4 of our flights were on the same model of airplane. The planes all seemed older, the seats were ok but nothing great. The food was edible but we really expected better. We were highly disappointed with the fact that they ran out of a food option for us when there were only 12 seats. Friends of ours flew out of JFK (on Avianca) & had a MUCH nicer plane. We all met up in Columbia & they were super disappointed in the plane we all took for the next leg of the flight. I don't know if their first leg was nicer because they took a Red Eye flight or because JFK to Columbia is a longer flight than Dulles to Columbia. We just found it interesting.
The lounge in Columbia was nice enough. It seemed clean enough, food was ok, drink selection was ok, seating was comfortable enough. It was all open though so even when you wanted a quiet nook, it was always very loud. For a 10 hour layover, we would have MUCH preferred the lounge in Dulles. Compared to having a 10 hour layover in the main terminal where the seats are serious crap, it was totally worth the money to upgrade. But if you're comparing this carrier to another, I doubt this one will be the best.
Overall, most of the staff seemed a little rude (literally 3 flight attendants were warm, everyone else, in the lounges & on flights, seemed pissed or standoffish at best). Most of the flight attendants gave dirty looks when you needed to use the restroom (behind the curtain/in their space).

1  Thank ladybat2018