“Self Kiosks do NOT work for GROUPS!”
Review of Austrian Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Self-help Kiosks do not cater for groups very well, especially with multiple travellers on one ticket in the midst of a very busy check-in area.
Self-help Kiosks do not cater for connecting partner airlines like Thai Airways who have 30kg allowance, and you could be easily shoved-off to pay excess fees if you did not know your rights.
The check-in staff from Austrian Airways were EXTREMELY helpful, both with the self-help kiosks and the excess baggage, once they recognised our tickets from Brisbane.
I think all airlines should provide group service, for 10+ passengers, it should just be part of the deal for all stakeholders.

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,926)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wish more airlines would be like AUSTRIAN.

The service was genuinely friendly -- all the way!

Check-in, seating, luggage stowing in an Embraer E95, and the service. You can hardly expect more to make you feel good than AUSTRIAN!

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent Service on Board .Very good food ! Even fresh cooking on Board Comfortable Sleeping ! Good entertainment Movies! Very friendly Stewardess and Stewards!

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The round trip flights, both on Boeing 777 were smooth with a minimum of messages from the flight deck. The Cabin Crew were pleasant, attentive and helpful. The menu, including alcohol was full of reasonable choices. The seats in the upright position were average as it relates to comfort. The seat position for sleep (fully reclined) were the worst I have experienced (compared with flights in business from JFK TO: SINGAPORE, ISRAEL, DUBAI, ARGENTINA AND INDIA). Neither my wife nor I were able to get comfortable with the seat reclined. Lying on ones side was impossible. Seats aside this was a fine trip.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The first leg of journey from Stockholm to Vienna was very comfortable. The crew was very pleasant. The second leg of journey from Vienna to Mauritius was horrible on 24th Dec 2018(flight no OS 017). It was 10 hours of journey. I have never met a rude and unpleasant crew ever in my life before. Air Austria sell the Basinet seats the first row with extra prices. I had the idea that for the long journeys the airline always leaves the first & second row of bassinet seats for the babies and their parents. It is available as first cum first service. When we call them to book the bassinet seat in advance they told us it will cost us extra. As we will travel with 11 months, we paid around 100 EUR for 2 seats. One is with the bassinet in the first row and the other was in the second row. My baby has slept on my arms and I have asked the Air hostess to put the bassinet seat. She rudely told me that she will serve the food first and then she will put the bassinet on. It was very strange to me. I have traveled to Qatar and had a very different experience. As soon as the seat belt sign is off the Air hostess put the bassinet. Ask me the baby weight and described the safety procedures. It took the Air hostess 2 hrs to put the bassinet. She has never explained to me how to use it and the safety procedures. After I had my dinner as my baby was sleeping on my shoulder, I have put the tray down on the corner. Suddenly one of the Air hostesses came & started to shouted that why I have placed the tray down. She saw that I was carrying my baby on my shoulder & he was sleeping. All the way, not a once they came & asked if we need anything as we were traveling with the baby. No baby food was provided. On the way back, just the thought of it that we have to travel again in Air Austria is a nightmare for me & my husband. We have updated our ticket to premium while web check-in. However, our flight to Mauritius from Seychelles got canceled which leads to missing the flight from Mauritius to Stockholm. When we called them to know the refund procedure( it was an international roaming) they told us it will not be refunded as we have done the upgrade via web. If it would have been through telephone they could have refunded it. So strange, then why they give us the upgrade option through email.

We are definitely not going to travel again with Air Austria. They should train their Air hostess on how to treat people especially when they are in hospitality business. I will not recommend anyone to travel with the baby in Air Austria.

Date of travel: December 2018