“Austrian delivers- good service.”
Review of Austrian Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time with Austrian on a short international flight to Berlin. Small hickup at the electronic checkin- wouldn't print the boarding cards. Off to checkin counter were we received fantastic and friendly service from staff who assisted us.
We had a slight delay due to late arriving aircraft but nothing to inconvenient for us anyway (midday flight). Picked up a little time on route.
On board service was fine for such a short haul with a drink and an apple or chocolate thrown in.
Berlin side was also fine.
Austrian got us to our destination SAFELY, pretty much on time with luggage and a smile, just as we would expect and hope for.
(Lots of other flights had much greater delays due to weather issues)
Very happy with service provided and would use again.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,528)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you buy a ticket, first be aware that you might need to pay for the first bag on either way.
In the USA they started measuring the cabin bags even though it is against DOT to do so on flights originating from within USA.
They threaten passengers whose carry on luggage exceeds 8kg to be entered into system and be charged $100 next time.
Avoid Austrian or Lufthansa (their five companies)at all costs as they all will do it to you.
Imagine having fragile items in a carry on that end up with tons of other checked luggage!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Worse experience ever. Very rude staff looking to charge you for extra kilos. This policy looks like having extra profits and bonus for the ground stewardesses. They don’t care if you are silver or gold status they only care about profits from the extra bonuses. Terrible worse star alliance company ever

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a short flight, one of 4 in total I had with Austrian last week. Duration of all around 1 hour. While cabin staff is nice I really cannot make any comment other than nothing to remember. out of 4 flights, 2 were delayed, not buy much but still... On a final flight we were waiting in front of the gate (that was OS 757) and for whatever reason your ticket and passport are checked if you are flying to Sarajevo and than we were sent to another gate, where for next 20-25 minutes it showed Tirana as destination and not Sarajevo.
Back to OS 173, my general remark is that we are all overpaying tickets for what we are getting. At least this time Austrian remembered again to offer apples as a snack, which is my preference. Usual choice of hot and cold drinks on board on short flights, which is fine.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Unbelievable for a non-low cost airline. My flight to Vienna was cancelled with a few hours to spare. Luckily I live 10 minutes from the airport so I hadn't left home - unlike a number of others (who I met eventually in Vienna at the exhibition I was attending)
I finally arranged a flight (original time was 13.00) at 19.30 - at Heathrow. So I needed to travel from Manchester. I went by train as I couldn't get a flight. After I checked in, the flight was announced as delayed an hour. It was actually delayed 1.20. So instead of arriving at teh hotel in Vienna at 17.00 on Monday relaxed and prepared for the exhibition I was attending the next day, I walked in to the hotel at 1.30AM (on the day of the exhibition)
NOT a word of apology or, indeed, an explanation
And of course no chance of reimbursement for the (last minute) train fare and other costs to get to Heathrow.
Oh - and don't be fooled by the 'refreshments' on offer. It's a small bar of chocolate!

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
2  Thank Venture33127391590