“When the Airlines lies to you...”
Review of Austrian Airlines

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Conclusion... do not flight with them, unless you are fine with the fact, that you may loose one day in your life, experience A LOT OF STRESS and loose your money.

If you're looking for the company when everything goes according to plan and there is no problem, then here you go. The PROBLEM IS....
When such a company cancels your flight and does not BOTHER to inform you about the situation. So you find yourself in Shanghai after a bit more than 15 hours on route from Christchurch, New Zealand to Vienna, Austria where they inform you, that YOUR FLIGHT WAS CANCELLED!!! In the middle of your trip.... with no bags and no way to get them as you walked out without them, because no one bothered to inform you, that MAYBE there is some problem....
Well, they provided hotel and one meal - for 13 hours wait - I give them that, however there was NO communication about what is happening, when and how....
When I got the the airport for different flight they provided - different company and NO DIRECT FLIGHT - another "pleasant" surprise, other company does not allow customers in economy class to carry two pieces of luggage... I had to pay for every single extra kg I had. Shortly for 18kg I paid app. 1000,- euros! Yes......
So, I arrived to Vienna 23 hours later and 1000,- euros shorter and claimed my compensation.. Austrian did not bother TO ANSWER for 2 months....
They answered after I complained on their FB page (??!!!) and after that they compensate me for late arrival and then informed me THAT IT IS NOT THEIR BUSINESS, that I had to pay that outrageous amount of money for the second bag. The problem is, that IT IS their problem, according to EU guidelines and Directions, so I'm convinced that they are just trying to SAVE money and LIE TO THEIR CUSTOMERS!
That is the truth about Austrian and how they do their business and how they treat their customers!
Don't get me wrong, well before my trip I called both airlines operating this flight to inform about any additional costs for the second bag and with no word paid to the second company for the extra bag.... So, it is not my fault as I did everything I could to do everything correctly. Obviously I was the only one.

1  Thank 710kristinat
Write a ReviewReviews (5,419)

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

We got stranded in Vienna when British Airways cancelled our flight the night before flying.

We found flights at short notice with Austrian Air. Booking went well, email arrived with tickets in @ 15 minutes.

Crew were friendly and seemed to know what they were doing. Plane ran to schedule with no excitement which was just what we needed.

We will use Austrian Air in preference to BA. in future.

1  Thank BobB214
Reviewed 12 December 2017

The four-hours flight was amazing. Stuff is professional, service is good, as always on Austrian flights. It makes that basically you don't feel mid-haul flight, so everything went smoothly.Arrival in Marrakesh was impeccable.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Definitely a short flight, but we received a very decent dinner, good service and plenty of attentions from the assistants.
We were so much positively impressed: if this is the new standard of Austrian Airlines, then they have my full approval!
Well done.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Boarding process was a little sketchy, nowhere near the time listed on the boarding pass, so we stood in line a long time.

Nothing bad happened on our flight, so I guess that's good, right?