“Tokyo-HongKong travel”
Review of ANA (All Nippon Airways)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Check-in at Tokyo using the online check-in was smooth. The seating going out of Tokyo was a bit tight as it was all big guys seated into one row, but was bearable. Entertainment selection is wide and plentiful. Not enough flight time to enjoy it all. Good thing is that ANA doesn't terminate movies during takeoff or landing.
On return flight, was able to check-in my luggage 12hours before boarding, so was able to travel around downtown without having to drag my luggage. Went to sleep as soon as the plane prepared for takeoff and was not disturbed for the entire flight.
I fly ANA domestically and international and am satisfied majority of the times.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (7,113)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You get access to MAS Lounge (KLIA) for flying on premium economy. Seats are wide and comfortable (2-3-2) and we were served with dinner, ice cream, Cheesecakes and noodles afterwards (you don't get this on economy class)

However, there is a language barrier as some stewardess could not speak well in english so we had to use sign languages.

Flying out from Narita, you get access to ANA lounge however the lounge was crowded as they also cater for passengers from other airlines. Foods are limited in their lounge and no prayer room was provided. You can find prayer room in front of Gate 52

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

ANA offers four cabins on their IAH-NRT flight, Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and First. Being a Skytrax 5-Star airline, I k ew the experience would be great. I had purchased a regular business class fare for a work trip and turned in 25,000 United miles to move up to First.

I showed up early enough to allow for check-in and slow security, but the VP of the region was at the check-in counter to greet passengers and made sure someone helped me immediately. Security was fast (no special lane for TSA Pre-check at IAH Terminal D, but one for premium class customers).

I waited for a short while in the lounge, and then got the best surprise so far. Out of eight seats, I was the only passenger. The food service was outstanding, offering a western and Japanese menu. Of course, I did the first meal Japanese and the second western-style. Both were excellent. And the wine and champagne was the best quality you can find in the sky - this from someone with definite opinions about food and wine.

The flight attendant made my bed in another seat whilst I ate, and then allowed me to sleep peacefully for 6 hours of our 12-hour flight. The bedding was perfect and kept me warm, including a cashmere-like blanket over the duvet. ANA also offer a sweater to keep comfortable during flight and a sleep suit for bedtime. By the time we landed, I had two hours before my connecting flight to Shanghai and enjoyed the first class lounge, which offered some nice food selection from a menu and some to serve yourself. There was a perfectly outfitted and clean shower suite also. I would definitely recommend trying ANA in Business or First. You won’t regret it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My agent recommended me to try ANA after my numerous complaints about Middle Eastern airlines on my frequent trips to NY. I was a bit skeptical initially but it turned out to be the best decision I made.
From check-in to boarding to in-flight service, I encountered nothing short of polite and courteous staff who truly put the customer first experience to the fore. They were quietly efficient too! I felt that the cabin crew were genuine in their service not plastered with fake smiles and impatient efficiency.
Meals were decent - perhaps because I like Japanese food.
No screaming kids and mothers who relinquish control of their children on board.
Ok the in-flight entertainment was not fantastic but sufficiently decent.
I definitely recommend ANA to anyone looking to fly to the US or anywhere they service. Prices are not bad too! The only snag is, out of KUL the timing is a bit odd but then, you can't have everything.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I sat in economy for my 12hr flight back from NRT and the leg room was great. I did not feel cramped.