“DO NOT FLY WITH AMERICAN AIRLINE.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The absolute worst experience I have had with airplane service. It started out with our morning flight being delayed. Then they decided to inform us that the plan was being diverted to Miami because apparently an international airport closes checking and the airline did not tell us that part. We get to Miami and this flight got delayed FOUR MORE TIMES. we had a 9 hour “delay” FOR A THREE HOUR FLIGHT. if possible at all DO NOT FLY WITH AMERICAN AIRLINES. along with all of this, I have never ever met a customer serviced worker who was as rude as the ones here. Not helpful at all, terribly rude and unprofessional. American Airlines if your employees hate their job that much you should probably do something about that so that paying customers do not have to deal with that on top of everything else that this airline put us through in the span of a day.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Alexus J

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight was supposed to depart to Doha at 8.45 pm. For some reason it was delayed until 12.30. At 12.30, they allowed passengers to board the flight. Once everyone was seated, there came an announcement that they cannot fly as some allowed time has crossed. All the passengers were asked to go back to the terminal. And every American Airlines staff left. One guy came and said AA cannot provide the accommodation as the delay was due to weather. Checked in baggages were not given back, no staff was available to rebook the flight/connection flight. No one had a clue on where the baggages were. What kind of company will just abandon their international passengers in the terminal and let them figure out things on their own 😁..such a #### service . I have had bad experiences flying before but no one showed this level of arrogance and irresponsibility

2  Thank Adventurer217977
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flight consists of 1 layover. Both times we had to sit on the tarmac for 45 min, on both legs of the flight. They said we had to check our bags, even though there was space in the overhead compartment. I had to sprint across the terminal in Chicago because of the delays on the tarmac and almost missed my flight.

2  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My flight was delayed from a Thursday until Friday. I lost out on a hotel that evening. The next day (Friday) my flight was delayed again to the point I wasn’t going to catch my connecting flight in. Chicago to my final destination. I explained my situation to the gate agent and that I couldn’t be delayed another day, as I was traveling for a job interview. The agent booked me on a connecting flight in Chicago through United. I checked in with United and they had my name and printed a boarding pass for me. About an hour later when I was boarding the United flight, my ticket they printed me wouldn’t scan. I was then told that American never paid for the flight, and I would need to pay 289 dollars or be stuck in Chicago. They gave me a receipt and made it seem like American would be able to easily ref me. after days of trying to get my refund a person finally reached out to me. she said she couldn’t refund the ticket since I bought it through United and offered me flight credit. I refused and said I needed money, and she said she would push it forward and try to get back to me within 48 hours. I haven heard anything in almost a month and get no response. Worst travel experience of my life.

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank Mike A
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm currently on the airplane now. We landed in PHL over 3 hours ago and we still have not been allowed to unboard the airplane and we are only being told that they are waiting for a gate.
This is unacceptable, just pull up a ladder and let us off. It's summer time, a heat advisor and they blowing heat out the vents for 3 hours. People have to get rowdy and shout at the airplane staff just for them to finally turn on the air condition. This is horrible to pay and be treated like this. And I am still on the airplane with no idea of when we can get off. This is s disrespect for all these customers that you do not just have us unboard from the runway if you can't get to a gate in over 3 hours and then you make it more uncomfortable by making it hot on the airplane by blowing hot air out the vents sure a heat advisory in the state.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.