“First time on American for ages - good experience”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I typically review hotels rather than airlines but thought I'd change things up!
Travelled on American's AA81 / AA80 from London Heathrow to Dallas Fort Worth and back this week, first time on AA for 20 years (I have more latterly used BA, United or Virgin/Delta, and I was pleasantly surprised. Aircraft was a not new Boeing 777-300ER, rather than a new B787 or A330/350 but nevertheless was nice, with big comfy-ish seats, plenty of leg room (I couldn't actually reach the wall ahead of me with my toes!) and very good at seat entertainment, with a decent size fold out screen (this is important to me because I don't sleep on planes so need films to pass a 10 hour flight!) All staff were friendly, helpful and food / drink was decent and plentiful, and both flights were pretty much on-time too! would definitely use again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Horrendous. Genuinely the worst experience In traveling I have ever been through. Was denied a hotel room, meal vouchers, or any other form of compensation after my 10:45PM flight was delayed by almost 9 hours. Not only do the employees not care in the slightest about providing a positive experience or trying to make everyone comfortable in uncontrollable circumstances but they were downright disrespectful to those of us with questions. AA is by far the worst airline in existence. I would rather fly spirit.

1  Thank Alec C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One of the worst airlines I have ever traveled with. Would not reccomend it to anyone. Never AA. The crew is awful, tge airline always has delays and in general is a bad choice to fly AA.

1  Thank Pavlos P
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Broken plane. Delayed flights lost bags. All understandable. Nobody to help or contact not acceptable. Live chat is AI garbage

1  Thank Kristopher K
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Horrible. Was supposed to leave at 4:50 pm. The pilot missed his ride to DFW. Claimed weather and his plane was diverted to Austin. (He should have caught an earlier flight) Had to get new crew as the one timed out. Boarded once and the had to get back off. It’s now midnight and we haven’t left as there is no pilot. The previous week we left Pensacola to Philadelphia to make a connection to Italy. We were delayed 3 hrs due to maintenance. The captain came on and said the problem was partially fixed but had been reported 6 times! We could not fly above 28,000 ft. or there was too much vibration. We missed our connecting flight and had to spend the night. They offered a room but TRIP ADVISORS ratings on the hotel were horrible. Even the gate attendants said “dont stay there.” Never again will I fly with this P.O.S. airline. By the way, I’M A PILOT!

1  Thank Marina M
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.