“Don't use the live chat”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Broken plane. Delayed flights lost bags. All understandable. Nobody to help or contact not acceptable. Live chat is AI garbage

1  Thank Kristopher K

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Horrible. Was supposed to leave at 4:50 pm. The pilot missed his ride to DFW. Claimed weather and his plane was diverted to Austin. (He should have caught an earlier flight) Had to get new crew as the one timed out. Boarded once and the had to get back off. It’s now midnight and we haven’t left as there is no pilot. The previous week we left Pensacola to Philadelphia to make a connection to Italy. We were delayed 3 hrs due to maintenance. The captain came on and said the problem was partially fixed but had been reported 6 times! We could not fly above 28,000 ft. or there was too much vibration. We missed our connecting flight and had to spend the night. They offered a room but TRIP ADVISORS ratings on the hotel were horrible. Even the gate attendants said “dont stay there.” Never again will I fly with this P.O.S. airline. By the way, I’M A PILOT!

1  Thank Marina M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Never ever will we fly AA ever again. MU husband flies a lot. In the last week they have canceled flights with no other flights available. He is now stranded in Dallas because there are no flights until Monday and the other airlines are high priced for a Saturday.

1  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

With American Airlines, everything feels cheap. The food sucks, the cutlery and the plates are all plastic. The amount of waste is incredible! And the cabin crew is more concerned with their social interactions (and doing that loudly) than with working the job.

It was a horrible overnight flight with a horrible cabin crew that was partying in the rear galley ALL night, loudly talking and laughing. I had noise-cancelling headphones on that worked well with the engine noise, but not with voices. The people in the last 10 rows ot eh aircraft got no sleep at all that trip.

When I asked them to at least close the curtains, the answer I got was: That's not going to help with the noise. Then I return to my seat and hear the FA say: "Can you BELIEVE that guy!".

Also: When my neighbor spilled a glass (actually, a plastic cup) of wine on over my blanket (luckily not me) and I requested another one the answer I got was: "I don't have time for that"

Well, I certainly will never fly American Airlines again. The only reason I flew with them was they had the only direct flight.

I did feel safe and the cockpit crew made a very capable impression. So there's that.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank diony505
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We paid a bit more, plus direct flight but well worth it. Great customer service . We would deff use again . Nothing was no trouble .

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.