“Horrible cabin crew, never again.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

With American Airlines, everything feels cheap. The food sucks, the cutlery and the plates are all plastic. The amount of waste is incredible! And the cabin crew is more concerned with their social interactions (and doing that loudly) than with working the job.

It was a horrible overnight flight with a horrible cabin crew that was partying in the rear galley ALL night, loudly talking and laughing. I had noise-cancelling headphones on that worked well with the engine noise, but not with voices. The people in the last 10 rows ot eh aircraft got no sleep at all that trip.

When I asked them to at least close the curtains, the answer I got was: That's not going to help with the noise. Then I return to my seat and hear the FA say: "Can you BELIEVE that guy!".

Also: When my neighbor spilled a glass (actually, a plastic cup) of wine on over my blanket (luckily not me) and I requested another one the answer I got was: "I don't have time for that"

Well, I certainly will never fly American Airlines again. The only reason I flew with them was they had the only direct flight.

I did feel safe and the cockpit crew made a very capable impression. So there's that.

1  Thank diony505

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We paid a bit more, plus direct flight but well worth it. Great customer service . We would deff use again . Nothing was no trouble .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Compared to Delta American is always behind. In flight crew was very kind and helpful. The gate airport crew were SUPER rude. They mocked passengers, were condescending, especially the female calling groups. She was super rude

1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I would never recommend this airline to anyone. I’ve been traveling the past three weeks for work and every single time (twice a week so 6 times) the flight have been delayed by 5 hours minimum a total of 4 times and canceled twice. I’ve spent almost a day of my time waiting in the airport and they couldn’t care less.

2  Thank Mandy S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I just want to get this off my chest. I flew from Cincinnati to Destin on Allegiant for vacation. My mother, who lives in Tallahassee, became ill and passed away so I needed to stay in Tallahassee. Allegiant was wonderful to me, canceled and refunded my return flight, no problem. When I was ready to return home days later, I called American and told the situation. I told them I had 2 suitcases plus a document box because I needed to send home my mother's legal/financial docs. They said no problem, you can check 3 bags and I get a free one anyway, extras are $45. They did not offer bereavement fare or any assistance so I paid $542. When I arrived, I gave them 2 small bags and a box, they sent them down the conveyor and charged me $195! I asked why and they said the 3rd bag us $150! I told them I would have mailed the box, or carried on one of the bags but was told they could not now retrieve the bags. So I just paid $737 to return with my mother's things 4 days after her passing. I am already on the verge of tears and exhausted, I could not argue. I have an American rewards credit card, I am a long time customer but this really, really makes me feel slighted as a customer. A little compassion and maybe a free piece of SMALL luggage would have been appreciated.

1  Thank GoingToItalySoon
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.