“Unaccompanied Minor Big Debacle”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 24 May 2024

I cannot believe the hold times on this frigging airline.
You cannot get an unaccompanied minor only if you call in.
CANNOT do it on app or online.
then I was on hold for nearly an hour. this could not get any worse or outrageous.
Why cant we do this online .Then after a 20 minute wait it took almost another 20 minutes to book because the flights we were seeing on the AA website was not able to be seen by the agent on the line. United is such a breeze for this, I have not had to look at any other airlines yet . But Wow this was bad.

Date of travel: March 2024
2  Thank Jake F

Reviewed 23 May 2024

Delayed 4 times. Offers bad food and service. Customer service is terrible. Don’t even comfort customers or tell them reason of delay or give any estimates for delayed flights.

2  Thank Xian F
Reviewed 23 May 2024

Rude costumer service/ rude gate attendants. Cancel a flight then book you on one that is 12 hours later. So they expect you to sit in an airport for 12 hours then on the connecting flight it’s another couple hours of waiting. You go to the representative and say you found a flight that’s earlier and has seats but they won’t do it because it will make them lose money. I’d rather drive 13 hours to my destination then fly American again.

2  Thank Codey C
Reviewed 23 May 2024

Scam business with automated customer service. They hate their customers.

Coming back from my honeymoon, I had a flight to Chicago. Due to TWO American Airlines delays, by the time we arrived in Chicago we hit a storm. We had to reroute and land in Michigan to refuel. After numerous delays from the crew there, we missed both windows to fly back to Chicago. We were supposed to land in Chicago at 9pm but were let off the plane in another state past 12am. They let us roam an empty airport expecting us to wait 12 more hours for the next flight. Which would include missing work and appointments. Instead, I used a driving service to go home. It cost me $350, took 3.5hours, and we got home around 5am.

I reached out to AA requesting reimbursement just for the base car ride cost. After multiple automated apologies and $25 travel credit (which do not stack) I spoke to an actual person. This person agreed to the reimbursement and apologized for AA's issues. After weeks of silence the rep finally replied to me once again but this time stating no reimbursement. No reasoning or explanations. Now, when reaching out and trying to continue with the rep, I once again get automated apologies without my situation being addressed and no explanation for their treatment and decisions.

If youre wanting to fly, hopefully this story helps make your decision. If anything goes wrong, AA will not take responsibility and you may have to spend additional money to complete the travel you already paid AA for.

Date of travel: March 2024
2  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 23 May 2024

I don't usually fly AA because they are horrible but this trip was a gift so here I am. Nothing has changed since I last flew them. Horrible customer service. The attendants on the plane and in the airport and on the phone give you no help and are plane rude. Our flight to Baltimore was delayed with bad weather, which I know is not their fault, but have people available to help rebook, get food, something. Don't just ignore people and leave them stuck with nothing especially with kids. And the trip home is proving to be even worse. Our flight home was canceled and no one, again, would help us get rebooked, get a hotel, food or anything. Finally found a lady at a desk that was pleasant and got us on a plane, but it shouldn't be this hard. I've spent a good part of my vacation sitting in the airport trying to fix stuff. Most everything is dirty, no refreshments on plane, and trying to charge us twice for checking luggage. Just a crazy mess.

2  Thank Elizabeth M
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.