“GO TO A DIFFERENT AIRLINE”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rude costumer service/ rude gate attendants. Cancel a flight then book you on one that is 12 hours later. So they expect you to sit in an airport for 12 hours then on the connecting flight it’s another couple hours of waiting. You go to the representative and say you found a flight that’s earlier and has seats but they won’t do it because it will make them lose money. I’d rather drive 13 hours to my destination then fly American again.

2  Thank Codey C

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Scam business with automated customer service. They hate their customers.

Coming back from my honeymoon, I had a flight to Chicago. Due to TWO American Airlines delays, by the time we arrived in Chicago we hit a storm. We had to reroute and land in Michigan to refuel. After numerous delays from the crew there, we missed both windows to fly back to Chicago. We were supposed to land in Chicago at 9pm but were let off the plane in another state past 12am. They let us roam an empty airport expecting us to wait 12 more hours for the next flight. Which would include missing work and appointments. Instead, I used a driving service to go home. It cost me $350, took 3.5hours, and we got home around 5am.

I reached out to AA requesting reimbursement just for the base car ride cost. After multiple automated apologies and $25 travel credit (which do not stack) I spoke to an actual person. This person agreed to the reimbursement and apologized for AA's issues. After weeks of silence the rep finally replied to me once again but this time stating no reimbursement. No reasoning or explanations. Now, when reaching out and trying to continue with the rep, I once again get automated apologies without my situation being addressed and no explanation for their treatment and decisions.

If youre wanting to fly, hopefully this story helps make your decision. If anything goes wrong, AA will not take responsibility and you may have to spend additional money to complete the travel you already paid AA for.

Date of travel: March 2024
2  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I don't usually fly AA because they are horrible but this trip was a gift so here I am. Nothing has changed since I last flew them. Horrible customer service. The attendants on the plane and in the airport and on the phone give you no help and are plane rude. Our flight to Baltimore was delayed with bad weather, which I know is not their fault, but have people available to help rebook, get food, something. Don't just ignore people and leave them stuck with nothing especially with kids. And the trip home is proving to be even worse. Our flight home was canceled and no one, again, would help us get rebooked, get a hotel, food or anything. Finally found a lady at a desk that was pleasant and got us on a plane, but it shouldn't be this hard. I've spent a good part of my vacation sitting in the airport trying to fix stuff. Most everything is dirty, no refreshments on plane, and trying to charge us twice for checking luggage. Just a crazy mess.

2  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely the worst experience I have had on flights. On the flight to Vegas the chargers didn’t work, there were gnats on the flight. The flight back was delayed due to mechanical issues. There was a lay over in Dallas to which the have lost our luggage somewhere in the airport. And our return to Houston is not scheduled until tomorrow evening. When we arrived to speak with 4 American Airlines employees not one could give us clear directions or without being completely dismissive to us and others. This experience has been beyond awful and is completely unacceptable. This airline is a major disappointment.

1  Thank Christina D
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Please use ANY other airline. This was a terrible experience, and somehow American Airlines managed to do everything wrong. Myself and 19 other people had a planned trip to leave at 7 am on May 22 to be in Chicago by 9:30 and then leave at 4 to be in Athens Greece by 8 the next morning. Our flight was pushed back a total of 16 hours and by the time we were notified (3 am) everyones was already either at the airpot or headed to. We talked to the people at the desk for a total of 6 hours trying to figure out how to get there. The whole time the lady helping complained that this was the morning workers problems and we needed to calm down even though we have had this trip planned for several months possible even close to a year. We ended having our whole group split up and sent to several places (New Jersey, Philadelphia, Boston, and Chicago) and we were given meal voucher cards that were expired. Several people do not have their luggage with them and we were told we would have hotels booked for us because our trip was already slightly ruined since we were missing a whole day. Once I arrived at the Charlotte airport, the staff was incredibly rude and was reprimanding a lady who could not speak english and was having difficulty with figuring out where to go. Once we arrived at Boston, staff continued to be rude and told us that the Orlando airport had lied to us and spent over an hour figuring out where we were staying for the night. By this point several of us had been up for over 20 hours because of the airline. When asking for help the lady at the desk looked down at her phone and gave us incorrect information. There were five people at the desk and a lady came up to tell them that they had broke their luggage and two of them looked down at their phones while another two continued their conversation. Absolute worst experience ever. Do not use this airline. They have ruined my expensive, well-planned, and memorable trip with my classmates.

1  Thank Abigail V
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.