“Worst Experience ever with an airline (American Airlines)”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 23 May 2024

Who wants to talk about the worst airline that has opened there doors to disrespect their customers? @AMERICAN AIRLINES

They started out delaying our flight at PLC. Then upon arrival to Philadelphia, they delayed our flight four times. I spoke to the customer service desk three times requesting a hotel room and was met with disdain. I was told that we're unable to offer you anything until your flight is canceled. But it was never canceled. Only delayed until they could not offer anyone comfortable accommodations for the night. As time passed, I asked what is the reason for the delay and was told the crew has timed out. So, why would @American Airlines and @Oneworld Alliance, LLC book a flight full of passengers to have us stranded at the airport to sleep on a restaurant bench and/or chair. While the employees of @American Airlines and @Oneworld Alliance, LLC, blatantly stated, "We are leaving because we don't get paid to stay over and another set of representatives will come to assist you." (The two reps left the desk with at least 20 ticketed customers standing in line at 2200 in concourse B of the Philadelphia Airport on Saturday, May 18, 2024.) Another representative showed up, but stated she was leaving at 2230. I called customer service around 0100 and was was sent a hotel voucher around 0020, but upon clicking the link it displayed "No hotel rooms available at the moment." I rechecked for room availability around 0200, but the hotel stopped check-in at 12 midnight. Needless to say, we spent the night stranded in the airport due to @American Airlines poor planning for ticketed customers. I sent a complaint to customer relations and requested a refund or at least something comparable to appease us due to the inconvenience and missed engagements the next day. I was only met with 2500 award points. Where can I possibly flight in the US with 2500 points, but no where other than the restaurant bench we got kicked off of or the chair that I spent the remainder of the night located at Gate B8.

@AMERICAN AIRLINES, when will you treat your customers with dignity and respect. Giving me enough points for a flight or a travel voucher wouldn't bankrupt you; however, if you continue to treat your customers like trash @AMERICAN Airlines will be out of business in the next few months. Please review all the attachments of delays and a letter from customers relations.

1  Thank Venus W

Reviewed 23 May 2024

Left my wallet on the plane.
Their lost and found was quick and polite to get it back to me even after a bomb threat in the terminal.

Compared to southwest that lost over 2 thousand in luggage

Reviewed 23 May 2024

American canceled over 100 flights because of “weather” delta, aero Mexico, volaris frontier are all running flights and no precipitation has fallen. I have to buy a 1 way $1000 ticket to get to my destination 7 hours late from another airline, as I have spent thousands on reservations car rental etc that all has to be cancelled and rescheduled when I finally make it to my reservation. Last trip we had major issues on American aswell. I will do my best to not fly American in all future. If it is more for a different airline I encourage you to pay extra to deal with a real company that has accountability. I will be sending all my receipts from my legal team after I arrive home, fingers crossed I make it home.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Nic M
Reviewed 23 May 2024

Terrible Customer Service. I had to make a ticket change and called their customer service, i had to hold the line 30min, in the end I spoke to someone who referred me to the airport staff to make the change. Then, Dana happened. Cold, unwelcoming and poor skills.
Conversation between Dana and I:
Me: Hi, I would like to pls make a change to my ticket
Dana: destination?
Me: Madrid
Dana: I said final destination ?!
Me: Madrid
Dana: Mam, read your ticket
Me: reading the full line
Dana insisting 12 times with an attitude
Me: may be it’s because it’s operated by Iberia
Dana: then go to Iberia
Me: flight booking is with AA
Dana with an attitude, asks colleague who confirms.
Me: you could apologize for treating me like an idiot
Dana: we are done here.
In the end, amendment was apparently not possible because I should have done this by phone.
Never again!!!
Ps. And I have not even checked-in yet! 😭

1  Thank anfam2019
Reviewed 23 May 2024

Once again I'm disapointed in American Airlines service. I have been a loyal customer for many many years and watched the service decline year after year. I ONLY fly American if I can't find another flight for a trip. I'll even pay a little more to fly on another airline. My wife and I sat in first class for over two hours before we were offered a drink. We used to get a drink while everyone was boarding but that never happens anymore. After the lunch service we never saw them again. The flight attendants' hid behind their curtain and played on their phones. One lady across from us had to ring her bell to get one of them to bring her some coffee after lunch. Of course they gave her the discussed look because she was bothering them. Lazy, lazy, lazy! When we disembarked from the plane they didn't even say good bye or have a nice day because they were on their phones. Whatever happened to good service? Sad!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank W7215TKdavids
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.