“Horrible airline with no accountability”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 23 May 2024

American canceled over 100 flights because of “weather” delta, aero Mexico, volaris frontier are all running flights and no precipitation has fallen. I have to buy a 1 way $1000 ticket to get to my destination 7 hours late from another airline, as I have spent thousands on reservations car rental etc that all has to be cancelled and rescheduled when I finally make it to my reservation. Last trip we had major issues on American aswell. I will do my best to not fly American in all future. If it is more for a different airline I encourage you to pay extra to deal with a real company that has accountability. I will be sending all my receipts from my legal team after I arrive home, fingers crossed I make it home.

1  Thank Nic M

Reviewed 23 May 2024

Terrible Customer Service. I had to make a ticket change and called their customer service, i had to hold the line 30min, in the end I spoke to someone who referred me to the airport staff to make the change. Then, Dana happened. Cold, unwelcoming and poor skills.
Conversation between Dana and I:
Me: Hi, I would like to pls make a change to my ticket
Dana: destination?
Me: Madrid
Dana: I said final destination ?!
Me: Madrid
Dana: Mam, read your ticket
Me: reading the full line
Dana insisting 12 times with an attitude
Me: may be it’s because it’s operated by Iberia
Dana: then go to Iberia
Me: flight booking is with AA
Dana with an attitude, asks colleague who confirms.
Me: you could apologize for treating me like an idiot
Dana: we are done here.
In the end, amendment was apparently not possible because I should have done this by phone.
Never again!!!
Ps. And I have not even checked-in yet! 😭

1  Thank anfam2019
Reviewed 23 May 2024

Once again I'm disapointed in American Airlines service. I have been a loyal customer for many many years and watched the service decline year after year. I ONLY fly American if I can't find another flight for a trip. I'll even pay a little more to fly on another airline. My wife and I sat in first class for over two hours before we were offered a drink. We used to get a drink while everyone was boarding but that never happens anymore. After the lunch service we never saw them again. The flight attendants' hid behind their curtain and played on their phones. One lady across from us had to ring her bell to get one of them to bring her some coffee after lunch. Of course they gave her the discussed look because she was bothering them. Lazy, lazy, lazy! When we disembarked from the plane they didn't even say good bye or have a nice day because they were on their phones. Whatever happened to good service? Sad!

1  Thank W7215TKdavids
Reviewed 23 May 2024

Bad customer services. They keep canceling and delaying the flights without telling nothing. We figured it out because we asked and we advocated , so they put on on another plane

1  Thank Berth Jessie I
Reviewed 23 May 2024

This airline has horrible customer service. They conveniently changed the bag policy so they don’t have to pay for bags that they destroy. They broke my entire wheel off of my hard case luggage and are refusing to reimburse me.. when I got off my flight and noticed a wheel was missing I went right to the agent (Vijay) at the bag counter and he told me he can’t do anything and I have to do everything online.. so I wobbled home with my bag and got on a call to customer service immediately. They told me I needed a claim number and needed to get it before I left the airport. So Agent Vijay was supposed to provide it.. you can’t even make a claim online without getting a claim number before leaving the airport. I’ve gotten the run around since then.. that was the end of April, here we are now the end of May and nothing.. if this ever happens to you don’t leave the airport without a claim number and save all receipts/records of your bag purchase because they want a receipt as well.. this all feels like a scam to me and I will never fly this airline again and will discourage anyone I know from flying this airline.

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank A J
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.