“Double the travel time”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 16 April 2024

15 hour travel day that should have been 7 on the way there, 16 hour travel day on the way back when it should’ve been 7 hours. Flight delayed 6 times including overnight on the way back

1  Thank Hannah W

Reviewed 16 April 2024

AA now keeps more than half of customers' money if customer cancels a flight...SHAMEFUL GREED & LACK OF CONSIDERATION for its passengers/customers.

1  Thank DLM7319
Reviewed 16 April 2024

Horrible logistics of the company. They changed the gate 3 times. Completely crazy. Missed the flight due to the lack of information. Big screen in front of the gate but small line information to screw you over. You paid for a better seat and they gave you a bad seat on the next flight.

1  Thank Trip221787
Reviewed 16 April 2024

The day started with us arriving at keywest airport thinking our flight would be on time. Came to find out that our plane to North Carolina arrived but we were an hour and a half delayed because they didn't have somewhere to "park the plane"
This left more than half the passengers with about 15-30 minutes to run threw the airport. This causing mass chaos sent me in to a panic attack which then triggered my ahtsma and I had to get medical attention. Instead of calling the gates of the planes we were connecting to and asking them to wait ten minutes for us they basically said you are on your own. Jogging threw the airport In mass hysteria we arrive at our gate 10 minutes before our plane leaves only to find that the plane was still there but since the door was shut they wouldn't let us on.
They wouldn't even give us a voucher for a bottle of water after all of this.
The only saving Grace was the ladies at customer service that managed to get us a flight to Buffalo 7 hours later so we can then drive In to Canada to get home.

Do not fly with American Airlines exspecially out of key west flordia
They are rude, unhelpful and unrealistic

And the flight attendan

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 16 April 2024

Worst airline I've been on. Only airline I've used that forced me to check my carry on bag. Did this on both flights when the overhead bins were clearly not even close to full. 1st flight sat on runway for an hour before leaving causing a near missed connection. Flight attendant was nice but literally said AA doesn't care about its customers any more. I'll use another carrier for my business travel. I purposely bring carry on only because I'm usually in a hurry. AA will be a last resort from now on!

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.