“Terrible!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 16 April 2024

Worst airline I've been on. Only airline I've used that forced me to check my carry on bag. Did this on both flights when the overhead bins were clearly not even close to full. 1st flight sat on runway for an hour before leaving causing a near missed connection. Flight attendant was nice but literally said AA doesn't care about its customers any more. I'll use another carrier for my business travel. I purposely bring carry on only because I'm usually in a hurry. AA will be a last resort from now on!

They changed my return flight from landing at 11:57 am to 10:38 pm
I was not aware I could get a refund if they “modify” your trip more than 4 hours, so now I hope you are aware. They do not tell you and do not offer the refund.

So I changed the trip losing 2 days to get back early enough to go to work. The. Decided to cancel.
Because I changed it- trying to work around their time change- they are now holding my money hostage in the form of a credit and will not refund me.
And now I won’t trust the times they set when I do get to spend my own money on their flights in the future.

The customer service agent was hard, condescending, and unkind. Yikes!

I recently flew Frontier and all was perfect.

Reviewed 16 April 2024

The flight was very smooth. There was good legroom, snacks, outlets to charge phones, although not all worked, and they offer free movies.

Reviewed 16 April 2024

Third time in 2 months AA did not do well. This past weekend I flew from fort Lauderdale to Burlington Vermont. My connecting flight was in NC. My flight from ft Lauderdale to NC was delayed, I missed my connecting flight because of AA issues and had to over night in NC. AA declined reimbursement for my overnight stay in NC saying it was a weather issue when clearly there were no weather issues it was a bright sunny day out. Fast forward from NC to Vermont they did not load my luggage and that was also an inconvenience. I received my luggage this morning, and I did not have any of my necessities. Will never fly AA, lesson learned I will be consistent with United, which has much better customer service!

1  Thank Roneisha S
Reviewed 15 April 2024

AA marketing modified their Advantage program to add "Loyalty Points" which are now the basis for determining your status (gold, platinum...) and also revised to qualification period to March 1 to Feb 28 of following year. They did this in January 2023 but they have been unable to determine and apply the "loyalty points for split period purchases on their Advantage credit cards where purchases made after March 1, 2024 should be ascribed to 2024 qualifying status. I called the customer service line and after 45 minutes of prompts and hold time a barely understandable rep in the Philippines told me they were a month behind!!!!! Well it has been a month and no points posted!!!
This is another indication that AA is poorly administered and managed. I would expect that if a company has 12 months to implement a simple date change that they would be able to get it right!!! Not so with AA--they blew it again!!!

1  Thank jaybeeFL
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.