“The kings of changing flights”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 15 April 2024

American Airlines is horrible...My flight to Cancun was delayed 1 hr..They charge 35 for check bag..then. $100 for overweight...They changed my flight 3 times and because of their delay..They changed the last flight since I was late because of their delay in cancun and changed me a flight with a 9hour delay and then advised me I wouldn't be compensates until I complete the flight 9 hour later...I had to rent. car drive back home 6 hours...American Airlines is a joke..I rather ride on.a donkey to Cancun before I ever fly or recommend to anyone. and then older Airlines stewardess on flight 1132 had the most horrible and disrespectful attitude
.If you don't want to work stay home...

1  Thank latosiciac

Reviewed 15 April 2024

We had arrived in charlotte only to find out our flight had been cancelled due to weather. We waited in the usual long line for our new flight info. We came upon a wonderful angel named Sharon G. She had a shaved head and just a great disposition. I approached somewhat agitated and right away Sharon went to helping us out. We were originally told we couldn’t get to key west till Sunday. We already had friends waiting on us down there with no accommodations. She was able to route us to Orlando the. Miami where we had to rent a car for the rest of the way. All added expenses we did plan on. This woman is kind and understanding of our plight. She deserves the world because people like her are rare. If you ever get stuck in charlotte and you are lucky enough to get Sharon you are in good hands! She saved our trip! Thank you for hiring her!

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Lumenhavoc
Reviewed 14 April 2024

Late 2 hours departing Miami because put fuel in wrong tank. Very poor communication from Captain. Now the return flight late 1:15 minutes so far. Very poorly managed. I will not fly with AA anymore

Reviewed 14 April 2024

My flight was delayed a day and a half late to my destination due to flight crew running out of hours during the flight and we had to land in a city not planned/scheduled for a layover for a whole night. And the next morning had to wait six hours to take off due to maintenance. When I arrived at my destination my luggage was missing! I had to wait three days till I received it. On my return flight 7 days later my return flight was again delayed 1 day due to maintenance. When I went to baggage claim on my return flight my suit case was completely destroyed and had a foot wide hole ripped in my suit case due to the loading crew mis-handling my luggage. I wrote a complaint to American Airlines and couldn’t receive a refund or any type of apology or compensation. This company and airline is a dumpster fire. Worst experience I ever had flying! ***DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!***

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Dan L
Reviewed 14 April 2024

12 hr delay , 16 flight changes , lost day of work for wife and I due to no flight crew or plane. AA reimbursment $25. No more.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.