“Customers time of AA are not valued and NEVER fly.this airline . We will never again.. Too many other airlines who care.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 14 April 2024

12 hr delay , 16 flight changes , lost day of work for wife and I due to no flight crew or plane. AA reimbursment $25. No more.

Reviewed 14 April 2024

this was the worst travel expirience of all time. dirty plane. rude staff. long flight delays. you name it. litterally.

1  Thank Andrea C
Reviewed 14 April 2024

I arrived thirty minutes early to check my bags and there appeared to be some confusion with the passengers in front of me, and the only available clerk was having trouble checking them in. After twenty minutes of waiting, a supervisor was called to handle the situation and the clerk was assigned to check me in. Unfortunately, I was then informed that it was too late to check my bags even though I waited over twenty minutes. Due to the airline's negligence, I was required to change flights and learned that I would be on standby during the transfer flight with no guarantee that I would arrive at my destination in time. This was unacceptable considering this was a family emergency. Needless to say, I had to go with another airline which was costly! The return trip was also met with delays and additional charges. Upon filing a written complaint, I was guaranteed that I would be credited for the outbound ticket during my next trip (THAT WAS A LIE). When I tried to use the credit on the next trip, it was denied!
In summary, American Airlines is unreliable, fails to honor its credit policy, some of the personnel staff are incompetent, and management offers no assistance to its once loyal customers. I lost money due to this airline's negligence and unrealistic policies (ticket price does not include a seat, fee for one baggage, and baggage check-in closes 45-60 minutes before the flight—which is often late!).

Date of travel: August 2023
1  Thank Keith L
Reviewed 14 April 2024

We arrived 10 minutes late to check bags and they cancelled our flight and we had to book a new flight, lost our upgraded boarding and premium seats and had to pay another bag fee for the new flight. David at check in was awful, condescending tone, after we got to our new flight, standby status gate they called for final boarding on our original flight two gates down, at the new gate there were two passengers that were allowed to board after the cut off time, totally a slap in the face. Only saving grace was at the gate for our standby flight were two amazing customer service agents, Mike and Mason, they picked up our spirits and got us back on track…. Deleted my AA App!!!

1  Thank Ray H
Reviewed 13 April 2024

Horrible service, their planes are old and not maintained. Jerks and makes a lot of noise throughout the journey. All the staffs are racist. Worst traveling experience

1  Thank Mayamin Hamid R
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.