“Good Service but wish their Ontime perfomance improves”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Been on several trips on American, International and domestic. Good service and friendly air hostess especially in international flights. On domestic routes the flights are often delayed, in the last 5 return flights that I took 3 of them have not been on time, In one of the trips CLT to SFO the flight was delayed by more than a couple of hours.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (52,220)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Buy your seats if you must. We chose badly not to pay for seating. We got split up on 2 flights and crammed against the bulkhead on the late flight home (at least we were together) smelling the potty, and had a crying coughing baby about 3 rows up. I must admit it was most entertaining just before landing - gear going down, with the stewardess pounding on the bathroom door telling the guy he had to get out so we could land! He never did come out, so we landed with him in there. Hubby and I were chuckling over that. Bulkhead seats do NOT lay back so sleeping was tough. Crew was professional. Bumpy weather and higher flying than expected caused a need for extra fuel. We got home safe but delays did happen so we were 20 minutes or so late, not too bad considering that trained pilots are running a bit short these days. Got in about 1:30 am and got our luggage pretty quickly. Advise you have a ride waiting for you if possible, DIA-train is not reliable, and does not connect at all hours to other trains.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were so very grateful to Expedia and American for switching our flights 2 days before leaving because American had moved a reasonable flight made 5 months in advance to a much later time 3 times! We were now set to arrive in Puerto Rico at 1:25 am, instead of 10:50 PM. Since we are older folks, I called to change the flight to a more workable time for us. Both Expedia and American stepped up to the plate and switched us to a good red eye flight with a short connection in MIA and into PR at a bit before noon!
Awesome! I had written a card which I brought for the crew and Pilots because I felt they deserved at least a thankyou note of appreciation for giving up their family Christmas eve and Christmas to get us to our destination safely. I was quite surprised after a fine "Quiet" flight to find them all standing at the front to thank Me, my goodness, for the card! The pretty young lady was teary eyed. Good grief, does no one appreciate these important folks who get us there? All in all , our flight was lovely and I appreciated the flight change to make our arrival in the daytime to Puerto Rico so much safer. We slept so I can't say about any entertainment.

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew economy on the way to Turks and Caicos because when I booked one year in advance I was booked on a direct flight with a fantastic schedule, leave mid morning, arrive afternoon. Recieved an email two months before departure saying AA canceled direct flight to Turks and Caicos. They reassigned us a terrible 10:00PM arrival time or had to talk with a representative to get horrible recdule changed. Got on a 7am flight to Turks and Caicos and sat for over an hour waiting for a ‘minor mechanical’ issue to be resolved before departing to MIA. Made our connection in MIA thankfully but it was close!!!! On the return we flew business class and it was okay. Food was okay, service okay....nothing special really except the amazing leg room. Not sure that was of any real value....

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The flight was comfortable. Online free entertainment helped the time to go quickly.
The flight attendants were not as helpful as on other recent AA flights that week. I needed assistance, but was denied. Otherwise, I recommend.