“Could have been better traveling to and from destination”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew economy on the way to Turks and Caicos because when I booked one year in advance I was booked on a direct flight with a fantastic schedule, leave mid morning, arrive afternoon. Recieved an email two months before departure saying AA canceled direct flight to Turks and Caicos. They reassigned us a terrible 10:00PM arrival time or had to talk with a representative to get horrible recdule changed. Got on a 7am flight to Turks and Caicos and sat for over an hour waiting for a ‘minor mechanical’ issue to be resolved before departing to MIA. Made our connection in MIA thankfully but it was close!!!! On the return we flew business class and it was okay. Food was okay, service okay....nothing special really except the amazing leg room. Not sure that was of any real value....

Date of travel: December 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (52,220)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The flight was comfortable. Online free entertainment helped the time to go quickly.
The flight attendants were not as helpful as on other recent AA flights that week. I needed assistance, but was denied. Otherwise, I recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We just returned from a wonderful week in Puerto Rico.
Our return flight went from San Juan to Charlotte to Phoenix to Sacramento.
In Charlotte the incoming plane was late and then required some maintenance. By the time we left Charlotte we were about 70 minutes behind schedule. They made up some time in route but when we touched down in Phoenix it was time for our connecting flight to be leaving. I checked my phone for any updates and to my surprise it said that our flight to Sac was not leaving for another 20 minutes. We were in the rear of the plane and when we finally got off we only had about 5 minutes to make our connection. One of the American Airlines employees in the terminal told us that if we were going to Sacramento to please hurry and pointed is in the right direction. When we got to our gate they boarded us immediately and the flight crew greeted us with a glass of water. I wa told that there were 26 of us making that connection (14 in our group). I am sure there were others on our flight who did not fare as well and ended up stuck overnight in Phoenix but thank you to whoever at American Airlines made the decision to hold our plane. We landed in Sacramento about 15 minutes late but happy to be home.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So TA asks that I review an airline...a middle of the road, plain vanilla US based airline. Not sure why. The flight was good. Good is relative. Since airlines now expect us to cheerfully cram into seats designed to accommodate 3rd graders, pay for anything beyond the pretzels and Diet Coke, pay to select our seats before flying, pay even more for an economy seat that doesn't require advanced yoga skills to get in and out of...yeah, the expectations are so low anymore it's about pointless to review anything.
To their credit, the FA's on this flight were friendly and they knew how to do their job. That's all I ask. I do enjoy chatting with the ones that enjoy their job. Their jobs aren't easy.
I much prefer flying Int'l biz class but when I fly coach my MO is that I do my own homework, try to travel without checked baggage and try not to depend on the airline for much more than that. Do that and most of the travel drama can be avoided.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been traveling on American Airlines since 1991 when they first started services from Belgium to USA (unfortunately they do not fly to Belgium from USA any longer) ... AA has a very elaborate Frequent Traveler program and their lifetime Gold Status and Lifetime Platinum Status plans are welcome...