“First Class no food?”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Paid for first class for this trip. The seats are comfortable of course but all they offered were snacks like peanuts or chips. Very disappointing to say the least.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (52,417)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I sat on the plane and noticed there were no TV's on this flight. I had to pay for wifi in order to access AA.com to watch something on the TV.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The good news, the flight was great the plane was clean and we were on time . Similar to what you expect and deserve from every airline. When the cabin service began there were 2 attendants. The young man who worked with the older gentleman seemed to be on a personal cost cutting mission for the airline. He filled all drink cups !/2 way and passengers had to request the balance. Snack of mini pretzels or cookies were not offered but presented only when requested in a cynical way. He had an attitude of not wanting to be of service and passengers were an inconvenience. The older gentleman was friendly, smiling and apologizing for the service provided by his associate. I am being sincere when I suggest that it appeared to be an absolute attempt by one individual to save cost

1  Thank The Car G
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Picture this: A 70-year-old woman, traveling from Orlando to Paris, with a 45-minute plane change in Philly. Two large, stuffed check-in bags, one equally heavy carry-on, plus coat, and carrier bag.

The American Airlines online booking service, and price, were perfect. All American Airlines personnel along the way -- save one incident at the Orlando Departure Boarding gate -- were splendid. First rate. What could possibly go wrong?

Well, Economy Class passengers board last. No problemo. Passage through the Gate became a bit frantic, as departure time approached. My carry-on (expandable LOL), like many others, went a smidge beyond the measurement guide. I was advised to let it be checked in, at no extra charge, due to lack of overhead bin space. Okay. And that was that (however, I DID notice the crew had commandeered a ton of bins for their own gear...hum). The pilot was masterful -- lots of headwind turbulence -- and, really, I’d have paid for that adventure at an amusement park. It was fun!

If you didn’t know, Philly airport is a gargantuan maze. With little more than a half-hour to the transatlantic departure, I wasted no time in traversing what seemed the entire City of Brotherly Love to get to the Baggage Claim carousels --- and found...nothing! My carry-on was not there. Nor were there any American Airlines employees evident. Panic!

I decided to at least get to the Gate (another cross-airport trek), and noticed a small AA office with two lovely ladies, who explained (which the Orlando Boarding staff DID NOT!!!) that my carry-on was now checked on through to Charles de Gaulle -- and with it, my medicines, laptop, underwear, etc.). “You’d better boogie,” said one of the very sympathetic employees, a concerned expression on her face. “Your flight leaves in 15 minutes”.

Never have I fast-walked so long or so hard in my very long (growing shorter by the minute) life! Passageways, stairs, escalators, signage, crowds of hurrying travelers. By the time I got to the Departure Gate (which was empty of passengers), it was impossible to speak. I was so breathless, dehydrated, and exhausted. My heart was thudding like a sledgehammer. As the sweet AA boarding crew checked my Pass, I managed to explain what had happened. My knees were like jelly, and a foot cramp twisted up my leg, as I got onto the craft and plopped down in the first open seat. The crew members were fantastic. They brought me glass after glass of water, and told me to rest until I felt well enough to take my assigned seat. Solicitous does not cover it. They even changed my seat to a row with no one in front, so I could stretch my aching legs. They brought more water, as we buckled in and started to leave American soil, and watched over me like angels throughout the flight.

“As long as I’m at least going in the direction of Paris when I die, I’ll be happy”, I told one of my angels. And, I made it. And will never leave my Soul City again.

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Three strikes and you are out. Trip to Exuma; $12,000 in tickets purchased 6 months in advance to travel to Georgetown Exuma. All four flights were changed and my extra legroom seating taken away. Had to fly to Charlotte in the end, stay overnight, pay for the hotel room. Coming home again no extra legroom and the flight that we booked six months prior they took us off of and put us on one that landed in Boston at 12:46 AM the next day. The flight we originally were on still went out of Exuma on time, no reason was given why we couldn't be on that flight even though we booked it six months prior. Then I went after them for the money back for the extra legroom. At first they refunded $8 per ticket even though I had paid $49 per ticket. The refused to pay for my hotel room. Six weeks later they FINALLY refunded me the rest of the leg room. Just this week I returned on American from Turks and Caicos. Boarded the plane; exit row seating upgrade I paid for and when I reached the seat it was disgusting. Old used tissues from someone who obviously had the flu balled up and left on my seat and then a tin with old food stuck in a plastic bag also waiting in the row. Gross gross gross. Then the pilot comes on to inform us that two of the three bathrooms on the plane didn't have running water so you couldn't wash your hands and oh by the way if you want coffee or tea the back galley is broken so it will be difficult to get you any. Disgusting dirty dirty plane and no coffee or tea. While I realize this is a first world problem American Airlines has lost it. You need to find it again. Two trips and $14,000 later and I all they offered were some lame apologies and a $75 voucher hoping that I would fly American again. I WILL NEVER FLY AMERICAN AGAIN. NOT EVER. You guys are the worst. I tweet each and every day about how horrible you are. Even your flight attendants and pilots think you are awful.

2  Thank industrialtech